Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
5-13-08 KYLE UPDATE

Kyle is doing great! He threw up his feeding tube and I talked the Drs into letting him try to eat and drink without it and we just did labs Sunday night and they show he is doing a great job without it so far!!!!

I'm so proud of him!

The American Cancer Society treated us to Great America for Mother's Day. It's an event called Courageous Kids and they pay for everything! It was so much fun!!! We rode rides and ate and Kyle got a goody bag from them too! They even had flowers for the Moms, they called us "Courageous Moms". It was really nice of them to do, they do this every Mother's Day. We went 2 years ago and it was just as much fun if not better, because Jerry was able to go with us then.

We were able to go to the front of the lines, because Kyle is in a wheelchair! It wasn't really that crowded either! It was perfect, except Jerry wasn't there. Our caregiver, Becca, came with us to help out, it was a big help!

Jerry has been gone for 2 weeks, we really miss him! He wont be home until next weekend, if we're lucky! It may be 2 weeks depending on work. We really need the money right now, so he has to stay if there's work over the weekend.

My Mother-in-law, Teresa, has been taking Sean to school on Mondays, it's been such a big help! My other Mother-in-law, Sandy, is taking Kyle to UCSF tomorrow! It's so nice to have a caregiver and family to help out! I don't know what I'd do without them!

Sean does the Independent Study Course at school. He turns in all of his work, gets it graded, and gets a new week's worth of work every Monday. He's doing really well, he's getting A's and B's!

He is also going to graduate a year before his class, because he's been working so hard! I'm so proud of him too! He's been such a great big help, on top of his schoolwork!!!!

Ok, I think that's it for now. Thanks for the great prayers! Keep it up, we still need you!

God Bless

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com

Re: 5-13-08 KYLE UPDATE

Dear Katrina,
What fun that you and the children could attend a Mothers' Day event. Of course, it doesn't make up for Jerry being gone, but it is special. Art worked hundreds/thousands of miles away for several years (contract work that took him all over); I know how hard it is, and I didn't have a child recovering from cancer treatment like you do! Know that we care and pray.
Love and prayers,
Jan and Art
We are thrilled with Kyle's progress! Praise God!

State: jskauge@frontiernet.net

Re: 5-13-08 KYLE UPDATE