Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
9-12-08 KYLE UPDATE

Sorry for the delay in the update, I was making sure I had the correct info for you.

Well first of all, Kyle gained exactly the weight he needed to! I found out my scale was wrong! Yippee!!!! We drove home with our suitcases elated!!

Then, after we got home and at the Dr's office, during surgery on Sean's toe, I got a call from UCSF saying that Kyle's counts were dangerously bad and that his heart could stop at any moment! They needed me to rush him in to re-do the labs. They were so bad that they were hoping it could be a lab error.

If it wasn't, they were going to life-flight him up there right away! So, we had to finish with Sean and then rush Kyle in. We had already set up a room at the family house and waited. Late that night, they called back and said the labs looked better, but not great.

They increased his shots from once a week to 3 times a week and started him on antibiotics. We'll do labs again on Monday and see how they look then.

He is FINALLY scheduled to get his port removed! The last bit of memory that he was ever ill! YIPPEE!!!!

Sean's Birthday was a huge success! Thank you so much for your cards and gift cards, all together (family included) he came away with $530 in Game Stop cards and $110 in cash!!! He had a huge stack of cards too! He was so excited about getting cards from people he didn't even know! He kept saying it over and over again! He was amazed that you all cared enough to send him a card when you don't even know him!!!!!

Thank you so much for coming through for me! And for him of course, but it means so much to me to see the looks on his face as he realizes that so many people really care about him!

Now for the bad news....I lost my job. Most importantly, I lost our benefits. They're not funding my position anymore. No warning either! 3 of the 6 of us have pre-existing conditions and may not be able to get insurance again, unless we pay for COBRA, which is SOOOOO expensive! Please pray for this!

I'm happy to report that my mom and I have made ammends, even though a friend from Austrailia tried to drive the wedge even deeper between us, in betraying my trust. But, blood and love always win out in the end, no matter what a stranger from another land tries to do!

We just decided to agree to disagree. We need each other! I would like to publicly apologize for any negative things I said about my mom, true or not, this was not the place to share them. I was just really frustrated and vunerable at the time and I'm sorry mom. I love you with all my heart! I do appreciate all you've done for us!

So, good and bad news, as usual! I can't wait for an all wonderful report!!!! Keep us in your prayers as we do you.

Love and blessings,

Kat and the gang

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com

Re: 9-12-08 KYLE UPDATE

Dear Katrina,
What a wonderful update...not the difficult news, of course, the job loss, the concern over benefits, the waiting on medical reports...but the news of the reconciliation between you and your mom; what joy! And what a testimony to God's grace working in both of you that you were able to speak publically of your love for each other, in spite of differences. God is being glorified in your lives...in the struggles and heartaches and in the triumphant times...both of which are part of life...we love you, we continue to pray, we rejoice when you rejoice and we hurt when you weep...and we pray.
Hugs for you, Jerry, Sean, Kyle, Luke, and Jake.
Love and prayers,
Jan and Art

State: jskauge@frontiernet.net

Re: 9-12-08 KYLE UPDATE

Benefits of the kroger feedback survey

State: New York