Return to Website

South Africans in Ontario

The South African Canadian Community forum for advice on immigrating too and living in Ontario Canada.

South Africans in Ontario
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Toronto, here I come!

Hi there, fellow South Africans!

So I took the plunge, quit my job in Czech Rep and applied for the 1 year open work permit through the WHP. This is a program eligible to a few countries in fact(Czech being one of them), but not RSA unfortunately - I am a holder of both passports as I was born in Czech Rep but grew up in sunny Joburg, am 27 and feel young and fresh for the new adventure waiting ahead of me.

Now I do not have a job offer, but after some research would like to ask what the current job situation is like in Toronto? I am in the HR profession, and am looking for similar contract jobs in Toronto preferably.

Are there any SA expats in a similar business field with whom I could possibly get into contact with upon my arrival or send my CV to? I have not started sending out my CV as yet, as I receive my work permit at the port of entry, but I am starting to think ahead and would love to get in touch with other business orientated South Africans :).

I am hoping to get some feedback, and yes I really hope to meet some of you soon in Toronto.

By the way I am flying on the 27/05!

Regards
Sarka