Return to Website

MEMORIES OF DEREK

Welcome to 'Derek's' Memory Forum - leave a note !!

MEMORIES OF DEREK
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
missing my brother

hey Derek, wow I can't believe it has been a year since you were taken from this earth. It still seems so unbelievable... I keep waiting for you to show up at the door and gimme a hug and tell me everything is going to be ok.
Today is our mom's 50th birthday. She is on an Alaskan Cruise with Colin, Dawn & Wayne. I know you are with her today.
On Aug 23rd I planned a surpirse party for her.. she had no clue. I think she was very happy though and I know you were there with everyone... especailly me... you held me up.
On the year anniversary of your last night on earth (Aug 24th) I planned a celebration in your honor with a group of your friends and mine. The plan was to go to Roosters Country Cabaret that night. Although,that morning when I went to Ricky's Restaurant for breakfast with mom and familly friends I found out that one of your buddies had been killed in a car accident. I know you welcomed Tyler Kringhaug with open arms at heavens gate. After hearing this traggic news I was uncertain if we would still be going out in your honor. But we did... 20 of us piled into a limo bus and headed to Roosters were we danced the night away. We got things started with a toast to you and Tyler... we all drank a "Dr. Pepper" shooter as i found out from Jamie Sisler and Jason Leigh that was one of your favorites. I really hope you had a good time that night with us as I know everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.
On your one year anniversary (Aug 25) I spent the day with one of your ex-girlfriends , Laura Hausmanius, (hope i spelled that right?) Anyways we spent the day just realxing from the night before and watched a few funny movies -Old School & Bringing down the house.
I miss you like crazy Derek and I ask you to please give me strength as tomorrow (aug 2 is a Celebration of life ceremony for Tyler which I will be attending, please join me and comfort me as I will need it more than ever. I love you so much and now your have a friend to hang out with so you are not alone. I can not wait until the day I can see you again. You are my angel, my best friend, my little brother, and my insperation. I don't know if i ever said it enough but you are so special to me I love you with all my heart. I think about you everyday. There is a star outside my window that I look at everynight and think of you. DEREK I LOVE YOU