Return to Website

MEMORIES OF DEREK

Welcome to 'Derek's' Memory Forum - leave a note !!

MEMORIES OF DEREK
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
my birthday

Hey Derek

Well I turned 23 on wed oct 22. That was the first time I had gone to see your memorial bench at wellingdon park. It is in a great location... while there I tied a blue ribbon to the arm rest. Just like the one I have on my car so you are always travelling with me.

now on an even sadder note here... as you are aware you never had to oppertunity to meet moms boyfriend Colin while you were still with us here on earth. Now you two have finally meet. As Colin was taken from us suddenly on Oct 24th due to a heart attack.

It doesnt seem fair that all this bad stuff keeps happening to mom and myself. I cant understand what we did wrong to deserve such heart ache. I know that you and Colin are having the best time together right now... Has he taken you out for dinner yet? I member the first time he took me out... The bill came and to my shock he picked it up and crumpled it in his hand then threw it on the ground... of course he paid for our meal but he did it just to get a rise outta me. He was such a character. I loved the way he danced. He would bop around all over the dance floor, he must have made mom dizzy a few times.
I can also still here the sound of his feet when he walked and the gingle of his coins and keys in his pocket as he moved throughout the house. Even though he was such a small guy and hardly took up any space in the house it now feels so empty with out him. As does my heart and I know moms heart must be diminushed. I even close my eyes now and then to picture Colin ordering his MUSHY PEES. I loved the way he would say it with his accent. Whenever I told him to speak english cause I couldnt understand him he would always smile and say "I am speaking english... the proper kind"

Well Derek you have a great man with you now so enjoy each other as I have enjoyed ever moment I spent with Colin. He was moms saving grace when you passed away I dont know if ill have the strength to help her through this one. I know that you and Colin will help me though.

I love you both forever and for always XOXOXOX