Return to Website

MEMORIES OF DEREK

Welcome to 'Derek's' Memory Forum - leave a note !!

MEMORIES OF DEREK
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thinking of you

It is amazing to me how fast time goes by and yet how it trickles by at the same time! I was thinking about you today bud and just needed something? But when I get here I am never sure what. I guess I just need to say I miss you- and I think of you all the time. I know you know that, but I just needed to get it out. The students I work with remind me of you, their youthful exuberance (and skateboards!) - and I see you in your sister - in her strength and determination, and in your mom's sense of humor. I got a great snapshot of her laughing with my grandma this summer. You have taught me to (try to!)cherish little moments with these wonderful people and to selfishly wish I had done that with you. I can't believe it has been 3 years - the bruise is still fresh and don't think it will ever go away. Thank you for helping with the healing though I love that I think of you when I see and eagle or a kid wearing a Jordan jersey or toting a snowboard. Makes me feel like you are keeping me on my toes - like nothings changed. Thanks. Love you.