Melrose Seniors Friendly Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1950s picture help needed

my parents were married in '54 and we need some help with their wedding pictures that we just found. are you the someone who can help us or point us in the right direction?

the pictures were taken on what looks to be slides of some sort and you can only put the slides into a viewfinder to see them. once you view them, they also look to be 3Dish, but maybe that is part of the viewfinder fun?

1- did any of you have yours done this way too?
2- with technology, has a relative found a way to get your pictures up-to-date for you by putting them on a dvd to watch or get them moved to a disc?

we put our cell phone camera up to the lens, snapped, but that is the only way for now we can show others who can't see them in person. we want to share the pix with family members and have prints made but we have no idea where to start or what company can help us.

thanks in advance!

Re: 1950s picture help needed

I'm not very familiar with what you're describing, but have you sought advice from Hunt Camera on Main St.?

Strange you should ask - I had a bunch of those slides of my daughter when she was little. I don't know how he did it, but my grandson somehow transferred them to a jpeg format able to be seen and printed like any other picture. It can be done - I just don't know how he did it.

Not sure if it's the same thing, but I had about 300 kodak 2" slides (the kind you view with a projector) put on cds for my family. I had it done at Hunt and it wasn't too expensive.

Remembering!!! I remember you! You should check in more often. Good to hear from you again.

Old Guy.