Return to Website

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com

WWW.Vietnamvets.com was started over 10 years ago by US Navy and Vietnam Veteran Murry Broach.In his Memory this site is lovingly dedicated.  
jinks

ENTER THE CHATROOM

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Me teaching an ARVN to count to TWO

Repeat after me "Moat, Hai, bah...."

Jack I remember the school kids singing a song

that went something like

Mot tram a moi chiu noi
Mot tram a moi chiu noi

Spelling it phonetically of course, but I think it means "one hundred years" something or other. I used to know other words but never knew what most of them meant.

Re: Jack I remember the school kids singing a song

My message was just one, two, three = except that I spelled them phonetically, too, so they are probably all wrong. When I think about it for a minute, I know that one and three were wrong because one was mot with the little hat over the "o". And if memory serves, the beer was ba muoi ba - 33. And of course there were little accent marks that I absolutely cannot remember.

As for your song, jeez, it has just been too many years. I know that mot tram is 100 and the only meaning I remember for noi is follow or come along, but most of the other words could have several different meanings, depending on how they were said.

I think that with a little practice I could still order a beer or a meal without making myself a laughing stock, but beyond that, my best phrase was one that I used a lot back then

Toi khong hieu! It means I don't understand.