Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
KYLE UPDATE 4-17-05

Kyle woke up on Saturday morning (4-16) with a fever and headache. Praise God we are right across the street from the hospital! Jerry scooped him up and raced him over to the emergency room before I could even get my shoes on!

They got him started on antibiotics and his fever dropped soon after. He was admitted through the ER and his fever returned again that evening. He has no other symptoms except the fact that his counts are all so very low (typical for this stage). He has however been fever free today and will remain hospitalized until his counts come up a bit. I will keep you posted, but so far so very good!

Jerry made arrangements to reserve the UCSF Playroom for just he and Kyle today. They made a homemade volcano complete with Red Lava and googlie eyes. LOL! It was nice for Kyle to get out of his room for an hour. He is not allowed out since his counts are so low. This hospital is so great at working around so many different sets of circumstances so that these kids can still have some fun! I suppose it helps that Jerry's a big kid himself!

Sean is doing well in his studies and he and Jerry continue to go to the gym daily, which also fulfills his P.E. requirements.

Thank You Cards have been delayed due to the hospitalizations every other day, but he's still working on them!

No updates regarding bone marrow matches, etc. yet.

Love you all, keep up the prayers!

us

State: Katrina@kylessmile.org