Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
5-15-05 KYLE UPDATE

Hello All!

This is just a quick note I'm sending out from the UCSF Family Resource Room because I am having Internet difficulties the past couple of days.

So, the only new news is that tomorrow we will find out if Kyle will need to have his central line removed. That infection I told you about is not going away and they think that it has attached it's sticky self to the inside walls of his line. They would remove it, keep him on antibiotics and then replace it with a new one (yucky).

We're still in the hospital and may have a 4 day window to go to the family house starting Monday. He would just need to be hooked up to IV antibiotics during that time, which he would carry around in a fanny pack with a pump.

No word on bone marrow drives etc. Everyone was out end of last week and it's now the weekend. I will however be starting at www.marrow.org also.

I'll try to give you a more detailed update as soon as I am back online, but for now, just trust that God is keeping us all well (other parents are waiting to use this computer).

We love you all and just honestly could not do this sanely without each and every one of you!!!!!

Love,

Katrina, Jerry, Sean, and Kyle

P.S. Sean and Jerry attended the red carpet benefit premier of the Star Wars Episode III movie on Thursday night. Yes, they actually walked down the red carpet with cameras flashing and interviews! They (Family House) were special guests of George Lucas and the 70 cast members! They spent the after party hanging out with all the storm troopers, R2D2, etc! They had such a great time! I will upload the pictures as soon as I get copies. Sean can post more details and about any autographs etc.

State: katrina@kylessmile.org