Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
5-20-05 KYLE UPDATE

Yesterday was a day of fasting and surgery did not begin until after 4 PM. It was a disaster due to a very apathetic Anesthesiologist. It's a very long story, but it's what happens when a health care professional forgets his core purpose.

Let's just say it ended in a tug of war between he and I, and an argument between Jerry and him in protection of Kyle. He will not be touching our Kyle EVER again and an incident report has been filed with the hospital to keep him from traumatizing any other children.

He's in hot water and we are hoping Kyle doesn't remember anything due to the drugs that took effect right after the fact. We have never interfered physically in Kyle's treatment, but this was absolutely warranted and necessary to protect him from a very painful and unnecessary procedure. Kyle's Dr is furious and we are not going to go away until he is held accountable.

Jerry and I rushed back upstairs to decorate Kyle's room for him as a surprise after surgery...Lots of color and a tent for his bed. It was great fun and turned out adorably!!!!

Kyle made it through surgery ok, but was showing signs of brain issues, so a CT scan was scheduled.

We made it back to our room after 8 PM I believe and shortly after, Kyle spiked a fever which we are still fighting.

In the midst of this, we found out wonderful news that Mimi, Papa, Aunt Holly, and Cousin Josiah are coming to visit!!!!!!!! We can't wait!!!!!

Then the decision had to be made to start his chemo or wait for the source of the fever to be discovered and the difficult choice was made to go ahead with the life saving poison. So we set in for another long night of prayer and worry.

Did I miss anything...To be continued...

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com