Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
5-22-05 KYLE UPDATE

Good Morning!

Ok, well... the CT scan results came out clear for what we were concerned about, but we did discover a mass under his left eye. They are scheduling a biopsy to see if there is any infection there. (I think it's just an impacted sinus pocket - fingers crossed)

Kyle continues to spike fevers and his after surgery cough is hanging on too long, so he is scheduled for a chest x-ray. His platelets dropped low, so he will be getting a blood transfusion this morning.

He is now getting 4 antibiotics and 3 shots a day in his leg/arm. We are concerned with the source of these fevers since he is on just about everything to cover any type of bacteria. He continues to be neutropenic (no immune system) so he is in isolation.

He has been up for about an hour, discovered he is too sore to play darts, and is now satisfied playing his Sponge Bob video game....with headphones

Great news too, our very own Ms. Kayt Green along with Ms. Lela at the Porter Youth Center, Fort Ord are coordinating with the National Marrow Donor Program, Patient Advocacy to host a Donor Drive for Kyle! It's a military community and is expected to be a huge turn out!!! PTL!

We are so blessed to have so many supporters. Of course credit goes to our God, but everyone in different ways helping and enabling us to keep us moving forward comes from Him through you too. Thank you for being there, don't give up on us. We need you now more than ever. I wish I could write back to each and every one of you, but this update is all I can manage and even it is forced sometimes. Please know that we are here fighting and your notes, letters, cards, and emails full of encouraging words and scripture always arrive with perfect timing to help breathe new strength into our sails! We luv you for that too!!

Thank You...

Katrina, Jerry, Sean, and Kyle

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com