Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Tough Day For Kyle!!

I am putting in the update instead of Katrina because it has been a very tough roller coaster day, And I am not referring to a fun roller coaster
Kyle has had some incrediblbly challenging days with surgeries, infections and some pretty testy/tired professionals...
Today Katrina begged for them to test the headaches and pain in his face. They humored her once again and came back first announcing that even though he was on four antibiotics it now appeared that he may have a very dangerous fungal infection in his sinuses....
We were told news like, 80% mortality rate and a possibility of 12 - 48 hrs to live...pretty dangerous stuff in cancer kids with no immune system!
You get the picture so I will spare you the grief and anxiousness!
Kyle went in for his MRI and then off to surgery with a signature from Katrina to remove whatever needed to be removed...YIKES!
We have found out that what ever it is had not begun to eat away at his cheek/face bones. This being said we still had to wait for him to come out of surgery to be told that both of his sinuses were in bad shape, they cleaned them out and biopsied them.But so far he seems fine and is now asking to play with his legos... packed nose and all.. Now we wait.
We will update you as to what the biopsy reveals, in the meantime, Kyle has now added a fungicide medicine
to his repetra
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED PRAYERS! We have a mighty God and we are not about to give up the fight yet! We have seen many miracles and cried may tears but blessed to be able to watch the throngs of people walk away shaking their heads in disbelief when the miracles happen!! Like now, with him being hungry and wanting to play after his grueling day. Talk about a magic smile! This boy has the patent on it!
Love to all and thanks for your prayers!
Now about that Katrina! You have no idea what a blessing she is to all! Kyle is so lucky to have her for his mom! And he is not shy about letting you know. She is a pillar and a love and needs all the prayer support we can give to her, God's mighty warrior!

State: sheehank@pacbell.net

Re: Tough Day For Kyle!!

Oh yeah...and she's not biased or anything! Thanks Mom!

I just wanted to let you all know that Kyle just finished EATING while watching American Tail!!! Jerry ran out and found a Dennys in San Francisco to get Kyle an order of biscuits and country gravy (hear that MiMi). That's what he wanted and we were happy to hear it! HE ATE! Bleeding nose and all, he's so precious and I am so blessed to have him for one more day. I wish I could hug him, I want to crawl in bed and squeeze him, but he's just so sore everywhere, so I have to settle for rubbing his bald head and scratching his back for now. :) Thank you, and don't worry, God's got it!

xxoozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com

Re: Tough Day For Kyle!!

And one more thing....

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Good Night

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com