Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Report about Kyle

Kendall and I were in to visit with Kyle last night. What a dreamboat that little guy is. He looks bright eyed, bald and amazingly happy.
While Kendall and Kyle were busy playing their goofy games, and Kyle taking him on a walk (with his I.V. pole beeping!!),
Katrina told me a heartwarming story. Her discussions with the doctors are not painting absolute hopeful pictures. She found herself thinking 'Mom thoughts' this one was, how sad if Kyle never has the chance to grow up and fall in love.
Well, God put a stop to those type of thoughts and blessed her in the 'Now' They were going to sleep, and Kyle from the dark says,
"Mom, I love you"
Kat, "I love you too Ky Ky"
Kyle "Mom?"
Kat Yes Kyle,
Kyle "Have you ever loved someone so much that you couldn't find the words?"
Kat "yes, Kyle and I love you that much too"
Kyle "Mom, have you ever loved someone so much that you had this little funny feeling in your tummy, like butterflys, when you think about them?"
Katrina realizes, "Thank you Lord, My son is in Love, Kyle's first love, his mom"
No matter what happens, we all need is to trust and live in the Now, life has a million twists and turns, anticipating what will happen next takes us away from accepting and relishing blessings of'the Now'
Katrina asked me to please give you the update as she is not able to return calls or much e-mail right now. Please feel free to contact me and I will fill you in.
At this time, the doctors have decided to not go forward with the bone marrow transplant. He has no match. They were planning on going through with a cord blood transplant, but the match is not close enough. The chance of loosing him through that process is to high.
So it looks like they have decided to put him on another 3 years protocol of chemo. His treatments will be intense and they are praying that he will have no relapse, that would be drastic.
The good news is that we have seen miracles before and I believe this is a miracle now.
I would like everyone to claim this as God's answer to prayer and know that he will endure this next round and we will cherish the moment that Kyle finds his 'second love'
Many decisions are still being made and much prayer for guidance is needed!
Katrina, God bless her mighty soldier stance, needs to be included and uplifted in prayer. It is unbelievable the pressures that this Mom is going through, Having to keep up with work from the hopital (thank you Lord for this diversion), to watch over her little angel, take care and uplift her family, yet just down the hall a third child (since February)lost the battle last night. Katrina broke at hearing this mothers sobs!
These moms are in the throngs of heart sick.
'Lord Have Mercy' really rings strong right now!! But Praise the Lord for his unending mercy moment by moment.
Remember too, that Katrina keeps up a strong brave front for all of us. As her Mom, I see her need for us to be strong for her.
Kyle continues to amaze us all and My love and gratitude goes out to all of you and I do speak for all of us when I say thank you for the teamwork of all of you Mighty prayer warriors!!

State: sheehank@pacbell.net