Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
FAMILY UPDATE - Prayer Needed

Well, I found out from an email, that I have exhausted all pay from my company and with no notice I have no more income effective immediately.

They have been wonderful thus far, letting me work from the hospital, but no notice is tough. I will have to go 7 days without pay before I can qualify for 1/2 pay that will only last 6 weeks. Or I have to go back to work and leave Kyle.

I was also informed that in order to keep my benefits, I will need to start sending them money bi-weekly! We may have to give up our home as we will not be able to afford the rent. We will also need to give up our reliable transportation as we will not be able to afford the payment.

Jerry and I believe that our current job is to take care of Kyle and Sean. We are in a constant state of emergency which makes us undependable.

These issues also affect the school year as we don't know where we will be. I suppose we'll have to enroll Sean into independent studies again this year that starts on August 2nd. Do you know that Sean is going into HIGHSCHOOL?!!! :)

Kyle will need to be homeschooled regardless, so that's a plus.

We are trusting in God and know that he will provide our every need. It is another true test of faith, but He has never let us down and promises He never will! Please Pray for our financial difficulties and that God will open the window soon (before I suffocate!)

Faith and Hope,

Katrina and Jerry Wetle

State: Katrina@kylessmile.org

Re: FAMILY UPDATE - Prayer Needed

Ok, seems in my panic it seems I gave the wrong impression. Let me clarify our situation further.

We are not thinking of giving up our jobs, I am being forced to go on to Family Medical Leave Act for about 6 weeks at about 1/2 pay and Jerry gave up his job at the end of March in order to be here. We are hours from home. I needed him here, Sean needed him here, and Kyle needed him most.

Jerry wears two hats depending on the season and they both take him away from home and put him in extremely remote areas: the wildland mountains fighting fires or out to sea commercial fishing. This makes him unavailable in an emergency for weeks, sometimes months at a time. He stayed at work the first time around and he has regretted that decision ever since.

Kyle's situation changes almost daily and the Dr's still think that Kyle could only have weeks or months left with us, Jerry is not willing to miss what could be the last of such a precious time. I feel the same.

But, we are working diligently on starting our own charter fishing/whale watching business that will allow the flexibility for emergencies as well as Kyle's crazy chemo schedule. Please pray about this, it's been something we have been working on in our spare time for the last few years, so most of the hard work is completed, we are just stepping it into high gear now.

Of course we are concerned about the interim, but we have faith that God will provide and we are trying to be good stewards.

I'm sorry if I gave the impression that we are just giving up and putting our hands out for donations, I would hope that everyone could see that we are much too strong of fighters for that.

State: katrina@kylessmile.org