Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
7-11-05 KYLE UPDATE

Well, the verdict is in. Kyle's infection is in his central line again! They think they did not get it all before they placed the second one. ugh! Anyway, here's where we stand...

Pros for line removal:

* Kyle will be able to go to camp with no line!

* When the infection is gone Kyle could get a different type of line that is completely inside his body called a port. This means he would be able to take baths, showers, and GO SWIMMING!!

* We will not need to saline flush and hep lock his line everyday as we do now.

* He will not have 2 tubes hanging out of his chest

* No more dressing changes

Cons

* Surgery again for removal and again for new placement risking new infection etc.

* Broviac re-placement for relapse

* He's still clotted in other possible line placement areas
-------------------------------------------------

We're still discussing our options and surgery is researching whether or not he even has any locations left for a new line. It's looking like tomorrow or Wednesday for surgery.

I'll keep you posted, but please pray about this issue, it's a bigger one than I could really explain! This line is his link to treatment.

hugs & prayers

Katrina, Jerry, Kyle, and Sean

DAILY WISDOM:

Freedom - July 12, 2005

"It is for freedom that we have been set free." Galatians 5:1

Freedom is free, but it costs a lot. In our country, we live free today, and by the grace of God it is freely available to us. Yet it carries great cost.

The price has been, and continues to be, countless numbers of lives. For over two centuries, men and women have sacrificed their lives and died in many wars, so that we might live in freedom here in
the United States of America.

The greatest of all truth is not a saying, thought, or idea. The greatest truth is a person. Jesus said, “I am... truth” (John 14:6).

Knowing Jesus is knowing truth. Knowing Him is what really sets us free. This is the most profound and truest freedom. The cost could hardly have been higher: God’s only son.

Lord, we can never thank You enough. This freedom, because of the price you paid, is our very life. Today let me honor Your sacrifice and accept the greatest freedom.

Contributed by Sally I. Kennedy boca7565@bellsouth.net. Sally is the
author of "52 Little Parables from Ireland" Creation House Press.

State: katrina@kylessmile.org