Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
7-17-05 KYLE & SEAN UPDATE

Yippeee!

We got to pick Sean up from the camp bus stop! Something we would not have been able to do had Kyle not been released yesterday!

It's so nice to have him home again. He had such a wonderful time at Camp Okizu! He wants to go back with Kyle and work in the kitchen washing dishes! They've already got all the "dishies" they need for this year, so maybe next year they said.

We had an interesting encounter at the bus stop too. After the bus arrived, as we stood giving hello hugs, a lady walked up. She needed to tell us just how special Sean is...She said she didn't know if we knew that... we assured her that we did

She handed Sean a thank you card and explained to us that on the bus trip up to camp last week, Sean had befriended her young son. She was so impressed that Sean had recognized his anxiety, as a first time camper and relieved that Sean took him (Nick) under his wing for the ride up.

Well, it turns out that the camp had to call her to advise her that her Nick was refusing to ride the bus back! She asked the camp to try and locate a 13yr old boy named "Sean" that had ridden up with Nick. They did and Nick made it back home safely under Sean's wing.

So, I wonder if all of you know just how REALLY special our Sean is? There’s a lot of talk and worry over Kyle and Sean is left to live in his shadow without complaint. We could not fight this battle without Sean too. He is a very intricate part of this delicate team and I often wonder if HE knows just how irreplaceable he is. Of course we tell him, but and I often feel we're not so convincing and I wonder if he believes us in the wake of the flow of cards and gifts and well wishes, TO: Kyle

He is the CEO of Kyle’s diversion department and those long hours in a hospital bed sure call for an awesome big brother to head up the entertainment department too!

I wonder if you would reach out to Sean with/for us? Could you please drop him an email or mail a card? We want to put some action behind our words and show him just how important he really is to ALL of us. His Birthday is coming up next month too. I will also update a wish list for him, for those of you who are also planning to send him a B-day gift.

He is our true unsung hero and we want to sing his praises! Thank you for your support and love for both of our children.

Love,

Katrina

Here is Sean's contact info:

Sean Jackson
5100 Coe Ave, #161
Seaside, CA 93955

Sean@KylesSmile.org
*He was unable to access this account for quite awhile, but it’s back up and running now.

Sean's Wish List can be found on the Wish List web page or by cutting and pasting this link into your web browser:

http://www.kylessmile.org/wish_list.html

State: katrina@kylessmile.org

Re: 7-17-05 KYLE & SEAN UPDATE

I was a dishey at camp okizu with sean. He is such a strong and amazing kid, and made such a lasting impression on me!!! i saw him on this website and i introduced myself since i know kyle from onc camp!
i just wanted to say hello and that i am so glad to hear that sean had a good time at camp, because he was one of those special campers who make it such an important special place to me- being a former onc camper turned staff.
its very nice to hear that he wanted to be a dishey- its a lot of hard work though, so make sure hes ready- its a lot of responsibilty plus its important to take in the camper experience for as long as possible!!
thankyou for sharing your sons with camp okizu they are both extremely special!!!!

State: luckilune@hotmail.com