Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A Mother's URGENT Plea...

Some of you may remember Cole, we met him while camping in Big Sur a few weeks back. My heart goes out to Linda and his family. I ask you join us in prayer for this family. Please forward this message to all for prayer. Here is the message I received from Cole's mom tonight...

July 19, 2005

Hi everyone:

I need your help! I am asking all my family, friends and all you wonderful people I have never had the pleasure of meeting, but who follow Cole’s story to set some time aside to pray tomorrow for Cole.

Dave and I drove Cole to the hospital early Monday morning because of severe nausea and headaches. A CT scan showed that Cole had more fluid building up in his head, a condition called hydrocephalous. He was then scheduled for an MRI scan to access the tumor and decide on the next course of action.

The MRI scan showed that Blobby [tumor] grew by another 10% and that radiotherapy was not effective. Our last and final treatment modality to kill Blobby will be surgery.

The reason this method was not used initially was because germ cell tumors usually respond favorably to chemotherapy and even more favorable to radiotherapy.

This was not the case for Blobby so we are faced with the third and most risky treatment option. He is scheduled for Wednesday afternoon and the procedure will take between 6 to 12 hours.

Please pray for Cole, our family and his doctors tomorrow as we face yet another huge challenge.

As always, I appreciate all your support and prayers through this very difficult time.

All my best,

Linda Rossi
www.killblobby.com

Re: A Mother's URGENT Plea...

Cole, we are here, by your side all the way buddy. You're a brave soldier and we are praying for all the angels to watch over you and hold your hand during your surgery tomorrow. We have even prayed for some of them to wait with Mommy and Daddy in the waiting room.

Linda and Dave, we are here and we understand your deep pain and fear. We will be praying for your strength and peace. If we can be there for you in any way, please call. I know nothing can take away the rock in your gut, but I'll sit on the phone in silence with you if you need me. I'll pray with you if you want. I'm here...anything.

We have a merciful Father who is holding your baby in his arms.

Don't lose faith, don't lose hope, He will not leave us or forsake us in our time of need.

All our hope, love, hugs, and prayers,

Katrina, Jerry, Sean, and Kyle

July 23, 2005 COLE UPDATE

Yippee! Here is the update on little Cole, from his mom. He is Kyle's fellow soldier!!!!...

Saturday, July 23, 2005 Noon

Hello everyone:

Cole was moved yesterday out of ICU and all of his arterial lines, IV’s, catheter and head drain were removed. All that remains is access to his port-a-cath for drawing blood and administering medicines. Neurologically, the doctors are very pleased with his progress. He is already able to lift his head; he has regained strength in his left arm, his eyes are tracking better and he is slowly regaining some strength in his left leg. Our biggest challenge right now is getting him to sleep and keeping his spirits up. He has only been sleeping about 2-3 hours per night so he is feeling the effects of sleep deprivation and can be very irritable at times. After a big dose of Ativan to calm him down, he told me that when he gets out of hear, he wants to “party till he is purple”. Whatever that means, we’ll do it. Thanks for checking on us and surrounding us with your love and prayers. That’s all for now!

All my best,

~Linda