Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
8-11-05 KYLE UPDATE - BIG NEWS!

Kyle is doing wonderfully and Sean is loving his new school! Kyle is starting home schooling with the Accelerated Christian Education Curriculum (A.C.E.). He is excited and we are so blessed to be able to be his teachers. Kyle's hair is returning! Peach Fuzz Central! Too Cute!

It's been pretty crazy trying to balance chemo and catch up, but we're managing. We are diligently working on the start up of our new business as well.

We had just weaned off to lower doses of weekly chemo for the next year and things were just starting to balance a bit when we received news Tuesday that Kyle's treatment plan will be starting over from the beginning again. This is part of the Dr's approach at being sure the cancer does not return.

But, this time around will be even more dangerous for Kyle than the first, due to the fact that his body is now already saturated with chemo drugs when he receives high doses again. He will be getting the chemo he dreads the most, which is shot directly into his thigh muscles, both at the same time.

This also means that we will return to the odds and possibility of losing him to chemo related side effects within around day 15 and then anytime after during that first month.

And finally, it means we will need to stay up in San Francisco (Hospital/Family House) again for a month or two.

Ouch, we just got home yesterday.

We feel like we have been punched in the stomach. Like we just came through the Gauntlet only to be told we have to turn around and do it one more time...I'm scared for my baby, but I know that our Heavenly Father will not leave our side.

I will be updating Kyle's calendar soon with the new dates, etc. but, we're expecting Kyle's Chemo to begin again around September 20th.

I have also requested another Bone Marrow Aspirate on Tuesday to see if Kyle's cancer has returned at all. I think the results take a week to process and I will post this big news immediately. :)

Please keep us in your prayers, we have not heard from many of you in quite some time and I just wanted to be sure you're still out there praying.

We need you now more than ever.

Love,

Katrina & Jerry

State: katrina@kylessmile.org