Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
9-28-05 KYLE UPDATE LOTS OF CATCH UP!

So sorry for the lapse in update! All is well, Kyle's admit went well and we were back up for 3 more chemo’s yesterday.
He's feeling pretty sick this morning, but it will pass. He's doing great considering!! His Dr's are actually beginning to show signs of hope!!!

Kyle's next phase of treatment will be starting on October 11th (there was a delay due to his counts dipping too low). He will be in quite a battle for the next 5 months, so please keep him high on your prayer lists during this time.

It will be touch and go without much warning. We will be watching 24/7 for any signs of fever and/or infection. It's a long haul, but so very worth it!!!!

My pregnancy is progressing well, really very easy! No morning sickness and a husband and sons that dote on my every need makes for a pretty easy go of it! My only challenge is the exhaustion. There's so much I want to do and sometimes it takes every ounce of energy I have just to stay out of bed. I do rest as much as I can though, Jerry makes sure of that! He's so cute, he's SOOOO excited. He tells everyone that will he's having twins! It's a bit embarrassing in line at the grocery store
Between Jerry and the boys, Kyle especially, I think every stranger from here to San Francisco now knows about our twins!

We have a 2 week break from the hospital, so we will be home enjoying just being here!

We may go camping, but we are also trying to reschedule Kyle's Make-a-Wish around his chemo...AGAIN! He was scheduled to go for his Birthday this year, but he relapsed so the trip was postponed again. We had rescheduled for Feb 2006, but he will be too sick to go, so it looks like next week or the first week in Dec are the only dates he would be able to enjoy going for the next 5 months.

Oh, for those of you who don't know, his wish was a trip to Disneyland. (Well, his first wish was a house with a sliding glass door and big back yard, but they couldn't do that, so he settled on Disneyland)

They will be picking us up in a limo for the airport, all red carpet treatment the whole trip, some time with Mickey, character breakfasts, etc, etc! He doesn't know he's going to be a star, he just thinks he's going to Disneyland. So, shhhhhhhh! He wants to change his wish to "The Big Red Boat" (Disney Cruise Ship), since he chose his wish when he was only 4, but we think he'll have a really great time at Mickey's house. (Besides, it's closer to hospitals and Dr.s!!!!!)

Now, to the angels God has placed in our lives....

As most of you have read, our #1 vehicle used to transport Kyle broke down. We were told it needed a new engine and we were looking at over $4,000 to start!!!

Well, after much prayer, God used Jacob's Heart to locate a garage to do the repairs and work out a payment plan with us. Only, it gets better...It turns out that the engine was not damaged beyond repair as we were originally told, it only needed new spark plug wires and fuel filter, etc totalling $900!! But then, the shop reduced the bill to $600!!!! You would think that blessing enough, right?

Well, another shop had now heard about our ordeal and decided to march right over and pay the bill for us!!!! He has also requested we bring in our economy car for repair and tune up to make it reliable enough to take back and forth instead of the Expedition, due to the gas prices! What a blessing this has turned out to be! Thank You! Thank You! Bless You! Bless You!

We also recieved this email and guestbook entry from another group of angels:

-------------------
Hello Kyle!!

We are the Monterey Team In Training Run and Walk Team. (Leukemia Lymphoma Society)

One of our honorees (a person in recovery from leukemia or lymphoma) saw you in his neighborhood the other day. He lives in Seaside and his name is Mark.
He got us in touch with your website so that the team could learn about you. We raise money for research for Leukemia and Lymphoma and do marathons. We are very interested in you. I am the Honoree Captain and my name is Sharon Ann Leon. I keep the team in touch with the honorees.

This coming Saturday the first of October we will be HONORING YOU. I have made up a poster including your pictures from the website and information about you. And I have made white ribbons that say ” FOR KYLE” on them. We will proudly carry your name with us as we do our training miles for the marathon or the half marathon!!

We will be having our workout in Toro Park in Salinas this Saturday at 7:30 in the morning. Right before we start the workout I have everyone get together and put their hands all on top of each other. Then I say ----on the count of three---this is for Kyle!! And we all say GO TEAM!!! I just wanted to let you know that we will be all sending out positive energy to you!!!

LOVE---------------Sharon Ann

-----------------

God is truly merciful and greater than any looming life issue! The power of prayer continues to amaze us!!!! So many of you have been used by God to touch our lives!!! We need each and every one of you and are so very grateful for you all!

Love,

Katrina, Jerry, Sean, Kyle, & Babies