Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
10-23-05 KYLE UPDATE

Hi! First of all, sorry, sorry, sorry, for taking sooooo long to update you all!!!!

We are doing well, Kyle is progressing beautifully. There have been a few hiccups, but nothing major.

Sean has brought us his first High School report card sporting all A's and B's!!!!!! We are so very proud of his progress! Especially under the circumstances! He's such a great kid! He also takes a Service Learning class where he works with Autistic kids. He really enjoys it and the kids adore him!

Pray for fish, Jerry and the crew are heading all the way down to Catalina tomorrow night for the week, following the fish. They normally fish locally here in the bay and are home everyday, but for some reason the fish have disappeared. God seems to have a special place in his heart for fish and fishermen, *wink* pray with me he finds favor in this boat, so my husband can come home!

Our pregnancy is great, we have some wonderful pictures of our babies, one sucking his/her thumb! We are registering at Target and the theme for the nursery is "Ocean Wonders". We are starting from scratch, we have absolutely nothing, so anything is welcome! We have been picking up a pack of diapers every week or so. It has been confirmed that the twins do not have a membrane separating them, so they are sharing everything and run a very high risk of strangling each other with their umbilical cords. So, the outline plan is me in the hospital for bed rest around 6 months and c-section taking the babies around 28 weeks!!!! WOW! So, the prayer is safety for the babies from each other and the longest pregnancy possible! It would be a miracle if I could make it to 34 weeks! Please pray! pray! pray! I can't imagine that the Lord has blessed us with these two gifts only to take one or both back home!!

I, on the other hand, forgot just for a moment what a mighty Heavenly Father we have. It was just long enough to overwhelm me and I ended up in the hospital due to a nervous breakdown. So sorry, I just lost site of His light.

During my stay in the hospital, I requested a visit from the chaplain and when he came to visit, I promptly set about telling him all of the "What If's" that were spinning around in my head. When I was done, he responded with one of his own..."And what if a meteor crashes into earth right now?"

Touché, he was right! I was thinking way too much. I was trying so hard to make sure I had a "Plan B" for every situation that I forgot to give God control and it became all too much for my poor human brain to process. I need God every second of every day, but most of all I need to remember to pass the steering wheel to Him ALL of the time.

I am doing much better now, I spent a week with fuzzy slippers and a good book. And, I came home in time to go to church today to hear the message of John 9:1-5...

As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”
“Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life. As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

As usual, exactly what I needed to hear from God delivered to me in my time of need. God never let me down, I just lost site of his light. It is so easy to become caught up in our everyday lives and stresses and forget about Jesus. Shame on us for wondering why life sucks! He finished his message with Psalm 119:18...

Open my eyes so that I may see wondrous things in your law.

A direct hit! Thank you Jesus!

Love to you all!

Katrina, Jerry, Sean, Kyle, & Twins