Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
12-04-05 KYLE UPDATE

12-04-05 KYLE UPDATE

Well, we're still in the hospital. Doing just fine, health wise. But, Kyle's veins finally gave out for any more labs or IV's. After many agonizing attempts; I put my foot down and said no more.

There were more options, (mild sedation, pain killers, etc), but we believe Kyle had had enough. There's a fine line I don't ever want to cross with him, he would never trust us to do anything ever again, so we threw in the towel and stopped the fight for him (and us! Jerry and I were in tears along with Kyle after the last go 'round).

So, they are switching him to oral antibiotics for the next 24hrs and then he is being scheduled for surgery to place his new heart catheter port Mon/Tues. No more pokes!

There's just no reason anymore to wait until after our trip. Everyone wanted him to be able to go without a line, but it just isn't worth it now that we know his veins can't take anymore. This goes back to issues we had at Stanford and his left side being clotted still to this day.

So, that's the update. Just a change of plans, as we continue to move forward. Thank you for your prayers!

Oh and your prayers for our friend Karandeep and his family are being answered too! He seems to be faring much better these days! Keep up the great faith! God hears our prayers!

We met a newly diagnosed Jack and his family yesterday, please keep them in your prayers as they move through the stages of finding out their baby has a serious illness. Pray for peace for mom, knowing Jack is held in our loving Heavenly Father’s hands!

All for now, love to you all!

Katrina

P.S. Jerry had a great fishing week last week and is back out and down at Catalina Island. Pray for lots of fish, he is working towards a great Christmas and a new (bigger) place for us to live!!!