Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
10/19/06 KYLE UPDATE

Well, I'm sure you've heard now, but here's the skinny....

In our final efforts to shrink Kyle's cancer counts, we have failed. His cancer has grown stronger.

We had to make a choice to go ahead with the transplant and we have decided to do so.

Here is how it went.

If we take him home now, we know what happens. He leaves us in under 6 months.

If we transplant him as is, he may have 6 months to a year. IF the Drs are right....what if they are wrong and he doesn't relapse for 5 years!

It was a tough choice, but it just doesn't feel right to stop yet. We have prayed about it and it just doesn't feel like it's time to stop. So, in faith...on we go like soldiers.

The catch is, due to being exposed to chicken pox while inpatient, he must spend 2 more weeks in isolation (at home) before the transplant. The Drs are unsure or how fast the cancer will grow during this time. SO, when we get to Minnesota, we will do another test to check the cancer again and decide from there. We may only be there for a week.

Please pray for us, I am tired and worn, and bruised and beaten down. I am weak. I just found out that I too have cancer and I'm worried that my treatment will cut into my time with my precious Kyle. Please pray it doesn't.

Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.

For when I am weak, then I am strong.

2 Corinthians 12:8-10

Our love to you all. Thank you so much for being there for us. We need you. We love you.

Re: 10/19/06 KYLE UPDATE

We need to be in Minnesota by the 30th for Kyle's first appointment. We do not have the funds to fly yet, so we may drive. Please pray for this too. It's going to be difficult to separate our family during this time, but we have no choice. We just can't get everyone there. If you contacted us with airline miles in the past, please contact us again, we need them now ASAP!!!!! Please call me at 831-760-0708.

Thank you!!!!
Kat