Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
11-08-06 KYLE UPDATE

Kyle is on day 3 of chemo. He is doing great.

He will start Full body irradiation on Friday for 4 days 2 x daily.

He will receive his transplant on my birthday!!!! the 14th (Tues).

It's a huge deal as I'm sure you know. We are working on putting together the program for the blessing this week. I welcome any verses you think might be appropriate. Poems too! He is being reborn with brand new cells, so in a sense, we will from now on share the same birthday!!!! I could not ask for a better present!

He will feel extremely rotten the next week while the effects of the chemo, radiation, and new factory take hold.

I started my chemo on Friday. I'm doing ok. I will do chemo (2 shots into my muscles) once a week for 3 months. I will be pretty sick along with Kyle. We were joking about having a puking contest, Kyle is pretty stoked about it. Tee hee hee hee, such a boy he is!

The twins, G-ma and G-pa, and Sean are driving out. They should be here in about 2 weeks. They are stopping to visit family along the way. Missouri and Illinois. Then on to Minnesota. I miss them SOOOOO much!!!!! I'm going nuts! Please pray for their safe travel.

Jerry had to leave for work and is having a hard time not being here with us during this difficult time. He will be back on the 21st and will stay for 8 days during Thanksgiving!!! We can't wait!

My mom is coming out this week, so she will be here for the transplant. Tony is coming out for Thanksgiving and Mimi, Papa, and Holly will be out Dec 4-11!!!! Can't wait to see everyone, I hope Kyle is up to it. There is much love to be had by family.

As I'm sure you've read, Chemo is in great hands with my Aunt Eileen. Kyle misses him dearly, and tells anyone and everyone about being on the news!

That's it for now, I'll keep you posted as to his condition, keep us in your prayers and please please keep the airline miles coming!!!

Oh, I'm trying to decorate Kyle's dull room, so if you would like to send anything to hang...lots of snowflakes, kyte, posters, cards, etc, he would love it!

God Bless,

Us

Re: 11-08-06 KYLE UPDATE

P.S. We get a lot of email AND a lot of SPAM, please remember to make sure to put "KYLE" somewhere in your subject line, or your email may not be opened. Thanks!