Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
11/29/06 KYLE UPDATE

Hello everyone!

Well, our Kyle just continues to be a miracle! He continues to defy the odds and is as healthy as can be! No major infections, one fever, minimal vomiting, and a great attitude! The staff is amazed with his health, but as you know, we are not suprised!!!

God continues to bless us too, by meeting each and every need we have as they arise, financially and otherwise!

Through the Frank Sollecito, Jr Fund, all the boys have been adopted by an attorney firm in Monterey for Christmas! The fund has also paid our rent for December! Through the years, they continue to be such a blessing to us! Thank You!

Your prayers have been so important to us, to our emotional health and well-being. Please continue to think of us as we continue to ride this ongoing roller coaster.

My chemo is going well, the cancer is responding well and the last MRI of my brain was clear! Praise the Lord! That means I go from high risk to low risk and the next 3 months of chemo should be 100% effective!

The twins are doing great, sheesh they're cute! I'll post some new pics today for you to see our cutie pies.

Sean is starting school here at the Ronald McDonald House, he's such a great kid, he stays with Kyle at night so I can get up with the babies. He's great company for Kyle and just could not be a better big brother to all his sibs!

Jerry is visiting once a month, boy it sure is nice to see him! His brother Daniel came out with him this trip, he's a nut and keeps us laughing!

My mom came out last week and stayed with us. It was so nice to have her here! Everyone needs mom at a time like this! Plus she took me for a little retail therapy!!!

Tony came to visit this week, he brought CD's for Kyle to sell, Kyle is quite the saleseman! He set up his own little store, too cute!

My grandparents are now here and will be staying with us for the remainder. What a blessing they are to us. God sent them to us at just the right moment! We are so grateful to them by staying by our side.

Did you know they had just come for a short visit when Kyle relapsed and they have not left us since?!

I am looking for creative ways to thank them (on a budget) so, if any of you have come up with anything for your grandparents, and would like to share, please email me! Thanks! beachfeet13@yahoo.com

Mimi, Papa, Holly, and Josiah are on their way out Dec 4th. We're so excited! Kyle does not know, it's going to be a suprise! I can't wait to see them again, we miss them tons! They've been such a constant stream of support for me and a consistant link to the Jackson family for the boys.

We're planning on going home in February. Day 100 is on Valentines day Feb 14 and we should be able to go home the day after if all is well!!! Kyle will then continue his care in San Francisco and come back to MN for milestone check-ups.

Well, it's probably more info than you needed, but there it is! I'll update you sooner, if anything changes, otherwise it's more of the same until next week when I update again.

Our love to you all!

Katrina, Jerry, and our crew

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com