Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
APB!!!

I just returned from my trip out to MN to see everyone and be there with my daughter. I see that she has not posted yet, so I felt the need to call everyone to their knees, literally.
I am assuming that most of you knew that Katrina was diagnosed with a very rare cancer.... rare family... get it??? Anyway long story short, she has been in treatment since her trip to MN. (Of course her CA state insurance is not excepted there.) I must say that the Dr.s and hospital have done their very best to make sure that she is getting the best treatment she so needs! She still has been facing the high cost of her medications Just to release her from the hospital there was a $1400.00 charge at the pharmacy.

Now the update, her original treatment stopped working in her battle with the cancer, her counts began to rise, and she went in for surgery with a long shot at get this under control.... Well it did not. Thursday she returned for a CT scan, Friday a port was placed in her chest to administer the heavy duty chemo. (like Kyle, this chemo is too strong for the arm veins.. etc) I am so sad that I had to leave them.
I talked with her last night, she had received the results from her CT scan and they discovered that the cancer has spread to her lungs.

She is pretty upset... I am so sad that we are not all together, she needs all the moral support she can get, with her mom and brothers here and her husband working sooooooo hard to make a living, he works here, she is left feeling isolated. Jerry is feeling helpless. He has been packing up the house, getting rid of what he can (much to Katrina's angst!!!) Getting them ready for their new BIG house!
My hope is that we can all pull together in the move, help in the decorating and whatever else we can so that she feels solid and grounded upon her return. Because I Believe with all heart they will return! There is nothing more comforting to a mom than to have a place to call home!!! So happy about the house!

That is a good thing, I also need to mention (LOUDLY) that Kyle is doing fantastic!!! He looks good, his funny little spirit and sense of humor is fully engaged! He is trying so hard to eat and take in fluids so they will let him go. He will have two more bone marrow biopsies before he is released. But here it is, he is cancer free and is healing faster than anyone could ever hope for!!!
What a long way they have come in one year!!
The babies are adorable, Sean is the very best helper in the whole world, he trys so hard and is so willing. How many 15 years could we say that about????

So here it is, Pray like crazy, we have all witnessed the power that comes from prayer, it has been a long road, but even if they come limping home, they will come home cancer free!
I would love to take another page with huge thanks to all of you who have reached out and helped these kids, way to much grief for one little family, the out pouring of love and kindness has been phenominal!!
The Ronald McDonald house has bee a true gift from God!! The people from the community that come in to prepare meals for the house is unbelievable. So many people to thank!!! And we are thankful!!

Bottom line, pray pray pray!! And God Bless each and everyone of you!
Kathi

State: kathi.sheehan@gmail.com