Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
6-08-07 KYLE UPDATE

Hello Everyone,

Well, it's been a roller coaster since our last post! We spent a week thinking Kyle was sure to die, the next week with 25% hope, then another 24hrs of doom and gloom and now the unknown. *sigh*

We are worn to the core, but our faith will not waiver. God has a plan for our little man and we await his calling. Everything hinges on test results we are to get any minute.

If his results are over 50%, then we do chemo here in San Francisco (Kyle is currently admitted) with a risk of losing him in the process (not a huge one, but it's there) (what's new!) and then once his counts recover, we are off to Minnesota for a Double Cord Blood Transplant that carries 25% cure rate!!

If his results are less than 50% then we make the tough choice of going forward with chemo that will most likely kill him or taking him home comfortably for the rest of his 3-4 month life.

It all depends on these results....tick...tock...tick...tock....

We are scheduling a pray date for Kyle, we will be giving you a specific time and day that we will be laying hands on Kyle and we will be asking you to drop to your knees wherever you are and pray with us over him. I will let you know today when this will be. It will be VERY soon, I just want to give everyone time to get here and read so they are aware to join us.

tick tock.....tick tock.....

I'll post the results and the pray date as soon as the Dr. calls and we have made a decision.

Kyle was admitted because his cancer is spreading faster than expected and we did not have time to get to Minn fast enough. We will however be picking up and leaving for there tomorrow if need be. My Grandfather was kind enough to send a savings bond to cover travel expenses if needed. Thank you Grandpa!!! We love you dearly and miss you too! We were set up with Miracle Flights, but they need 2 weeks notice and we wont be able to give them that if we go tomorrow. We'll see.

I know I'm being a bit vague, but it's really so complicated, that I don't want to confuse you all. I'll explain in more detail once a choice has been made of the three. Just pray for miracles...for God's will....for strenghth.....for peace....for healing of all kinds.

Thank you all....

Love,

us

State: katrina@kylessmile.org