Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
8-21-07 KYLE UPDATE

Well, tomorrow's the big day! Transplant day! I'm not sure what time, but I'll ask and reply to this post with the time.

Kyle had it rough yesterday. It was a roller coaster. He started out fine, but half way through he had a reaction to his meds. His eyes and face started to burn badly. The finally got that settled and then soon after it came back with a vengance. It also moved down into his heart. He had major chest pains a tackey heart rythm and high blood pressure. The Dr was called immediately. I was scared, I thought he was going to have a heart attack from the effects of one of the chemo's. The gave him pain meds and some blood pressure meds and it finally went away. It was strange and scarey!! He was back to normal after that and a few hours later ate dinner!

What a roller coaster! He was scared too, but I kept him calm and it all worked out ok. I was praying the whole time and as usual, God heard my prayers and Kyle was just fine!

Today he is great again, he is eating good and has even decided that he doesn't like being broke. So, he has worked hard all day making art projects and signs and has set up shop. He has opened his own store selling his art projects! Too cute! There is a sign on his door that says "Kyle's Store of Art - Open" and he also made one that say's "Closed".

He is busy making art for sale and it's giving him something to do. I picked him up some tissue paper, pipe cleaners, and markers and the hospital donated construction paper and scissors. So he's off and running and having a great time, but most importantly staying busy!

He has gotten 2 cards, so his walls are pretty bare, keep them comming!

I'm so nervous about tomorrow, I've had a tough day today. Please keep me in your prayers. This is a tough job for a mom. I have faith, I do, I know God has a plan, I'm just scared. Pray for me. I'm weak. I'm worried. I'm afraid this transplant is not going to take and we'll lose Kyle. After fighting for so many years, I just can't imagine losing this war. But the odds are so stacked against us this time. We wont know for a very long time whether or not Kyle relapses and that's the hardest part of all. The not knowing.

I just want to take my baby home, put him in school and in baseball, go back to work, and live a normal life, with normal stressors, like so many of you get to do. I don't want to be here anymore, I'm tired. I'm tired of always being on the verge of losing my child....of the unknown.

I'm so sorry for whining, please pray for me, I'm just very weary and nervous. I just need extra prayer right now. We're on the verge of a huge day and my nerves are shot. God willing this will work, but when will we know? Only God knows. I wish he would share, I hate not knowing! Ahh well, in due time, in His time. I'll just have to learn more patience for now.

God has been so good to us, He will not desert us now. No way, no how!!!! I believe, I have faith, I trust.

I will keep you posted!

Hugs n Prayers,

Katrina and the crew

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com

Re: 8-21-07 KYLE UPDATE

Ok, the transplant is scheduled for 2pm. But that's not set in stone. I'd say pray around that time anyway. Pray that it takes, pray for new cells overtaking any leukemia that is hiding again! Pray for peace and for strength.

FYI: We are on Central time here in Minnesota.

Thank you! Tomorrow is a huge day!

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com