Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
8-29-07 KYLE UPDATE

It's Sean's Birthday! Happy 16 Sean Boy!!!!!!!!! We love you so much! You are such an important part of all of this and we couldn't manage without you! God has blessed us with such an amazing kid and we love you dearly! Thank you for all you do and for all you put up with. You are such a big help and a vital role in Kyle's recovery process! We thank God everyday for the pleasure of being your parents! Happy Birthday sweet boy!

Kyle is sailing right along, he was flirting with fevers so they started him on antibiotics and they went away. He is doing well. He has finally stopped eating all together and is being fed through his central line with something called TPN. It is nutrients fit for his blood intake and is pumped straight into his heart. He has sores down his throat and into is G.I. tract that cause him much pain, so he is on a pain pump drip. He also has a button to push if the pain gets out of hand. We continue to do dressing changes every other day and throat cultures once a week to stay on top of anything that might creep up.

His spirits are good, he is REALLY enjoying his daily mail, thank you so much! You have all been responding to my pleas for mail and I so appreciate it! His walls are beginning to fill up nicely! Sean has even received a few cards. He even got one from Australia! WOW!

My mom continues to struggle, please keep her in your prayers. The babies came down with a miserable stomach flu and have been sick for a week! The nanny my mom hired is now sick too, please pray for her. My Uncle Bill is now caring for the babies himself in her abscence and needs prayer too! He's doing an excellent job, but it's a big one for one guy to handle alone with a bad back!!!!

Jerry continues to work hard with little sleep, he ended up catching this virus too and had to work through it. He's faring better now though and could just use some sleep. He works too hard! We managed to get the rent and medical bills paid this month thanks to our website donations and my Aunt Eileen and Uncle Jeff! Our angels who always come through for us!

Aunt Holly and her work (ORNL Federal Credit Union) have stepped up and had a fundraiser for Sean's birthday party and all the extras! Thanks to them!

A special thanks to Dave Holloway and Mathew Troy for standing by our sides financially through our tough times! Our angels all of you! What would we do without you! Jan Skague we thank you too! All of you have come through for us in our tough times and we couldn't have survived without you!

When finances get tight, we could lose care for Kyle and lose our house! Sean's prescriptions would go unfilled and those are imperative for a teenage diabetic! Without your donations, however big or small, we just couldn't survive. Transplant is a costly beast and we need all of you to survive this. Thank you for listening to God's calling upon your hearts and assiting us in keeping our sanity through this tough time!

Things are going as expected right now, boring is good, it means Kyle is doing well and we'll take it!
I will contine to keep you posted!

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com

Re: 8-29-07 KYLE UPDATE

And a special thanks to my Dad Dave for helping us financially. Thanks so much. What would we do without each of you?

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com