Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
10-4-07 KYLE UPDATE

So, I've been kidnapping Kyle from the hospital and taking him to the Ronald McDonald House! They said we could go on walks wherever we wanted! I'm sure that's not what they meant, but I don't care, it's giving him incentive to get out! He's playing video games and the crane machine and even rode the go carts! He's doing great!

And, guess what! If he doesn't get any fevers after they take him off of his antibiotics tonight, he's getting discharged tomorrow!!!!!! How great is that! WE'RE FREE!!!

He'll still be on anti-rejection drugs to ensure the success of the engraftment and have many clinic appointments to recieve blood products until he begins to make them on his own. Which won't be long since he's not getting much at the hospital thanks to the glyconutrients!

Our tickets to fly home are for November 10th and if all goes well we'll be heading home then. Again with many more clinic appointments, but still, HOME!

He continues to laugh and smile too! Not too shabby for a kid who was in ICU last week, eh?!!!!! Thank you so much for your prayers! Our mighty prayer warriors! How could we ever thank you enough for all the knee bending you've been doing for us?

Sean is continuing to do well in school, he has completed math and science for highschool and is working on other subjects, but is right on track and they are pleased with where he is and so are Jerry and I! He is working hard at getting a pump for his diabetes. He thinks it will be easier on him and he's probably right. I don't know if we'll be here long enough to get it though and they're expensive!

Please pray for Jerry, my poor husband has worked himself into the ground and has become exhausted spiritually. My rock has been crushed. He needs our prayers. He is frustrated that he works so hard and we are still struggling financially and it is wearing on him fiercely. He needs a lot of prayer right now. So I'm calling to our prayer warriors for my precious husband who is usually my rock. He needs us right now more than he has ever needed anything.

The babies are being spoiled rotten in TN, we miss them something awful!!!!! It's so hard to have our family so spread out right now and I'm sure that's part of what is wearing on Jerry too. I'm going crazy without them too. But we know they are well cared for and that really helps. But nothing helps how desperately we all miss each other and want to be reunited again in our home. Happy and healthy is all we ask. *sigh* soon.

Pray for fevers to stay away, those are the danger right now, along with rejection. THank you and I'll keep you posted as we go.

Love and Prayers,

Kat and the fam

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com

Re: 10-4-07 KYLE UPDATE

Thank you also to the Dietrich family for the financial support!

For those of you who did not see my follow up posts to last post, Kyle is playing again! It's a great sign!

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com

Re: 10-4-07 KYLE UPDATE

Dear Katrina,
Thanks for sharing the wonderful news about Kyle. We are rejoicing and praising God. And, yes, we will pray specifically for Jerry. How exhausted he must be. I think of Elijah, who after winning a great spiritual battle against the prophets of Baal, was ready to give up and felt defeated. God provided food and rest, and Elijah was strengthened. So, we will pray Jerry gets rest and encouragement...physically and spiritually.
Hug Kyle for us...and hugs for you too...thanks also for sharing Sean's successes. You must be so proud of him.
Love and prayers,
Jan and Art

State: jskauge@frontiernet.net