Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
10-24-07 KYLE UPDATE

Kyle is ok, he continues to be in a lot of pain and we are both at the end of our ropes. Neither one of us can take much more of this. The clots are so painful that nothing works except getting them out and the process takes time and during that time Kyle wrythes in pain calling "Mommy". It breaks my heart into a million pieces. So, we both end up in tears until it's over and we have to do it again.

This has been going on for weeks now and it's just enough now. I've had it. It's breaking my heart to see little Kyle laying naked in his bed with his hands together praying, begging Jesus for no more clots, just as one more wave of pain comes over him and yet another clot. Its too much for a mother to bear.

We need your prayers, we need a miracle to stop this unbearable pain and misery. We are desperately calling all prayer warriors. We need sleep. We need peace. We need comfort. Kyle needs mercy. I can't believe little Kyle's prayers are falling on deaf ears, but it seems they do no good as he lays there in so much pain. He's losing faith, I'm losing faith. Please pray for us, it's so difficult to deal with the pain factor that can not be controlled and just goes on and on.

The are going to add vallium to his many meds to try to calm him hoping that will help....we'll see. I'm sorry I haven't been able to break away, he's needed me non-stop and really nothing has changed accept that his last bladder cathetar clotted off completely so they had to replace it. That was just more drama.

They are currently running about 15 gallons of water through his bladder a day to irrigate it. They keep trying to slow it down or turn it off, but for one reason or another, they keep having to turn it back on and we start all over again. I don't know if we're making progress or not and I'm fed up.

If they could just get him comfortable, I could do this, he could do this. But, so far, they cant.

On top of everything, I miss the babies and my husband like crazy and it's weighing on me so heavily that it's dragging me down even further. The good news is, we only have about 3 weeks left until we get to go home IF all goes well and IF Kyle is ready to travel. PRAY!

If we don't make those travel dates, we're stuck here for the holidays! That's my B-day, Jerry's B-day, Thanksgiving, and maybe Christmas! That would all be unacceptable!!!!!!!!! We're so homesick right now that even 3 weeks is torture! I think we'll all be much better as soon as Kyle is comfortable and resting and out of pain! We're in the thick of it right now with no end in sight and it's weighing heavily on us now. I'm so frustrated! I want my baby to be ok again! I'd trade anything for him to be out of pain again! This is just getting ridiculous now!!!!

I know, I'm whining, I can't help it, pray for me, pray for him more, poor baby, he needs it so desperately! He still has so much pain ahead of him. Even when this is over he has to get this HUGE cathetar removed! OUCH!! Ok, I'm done, you get the picture, just pray, pray, pray. Thank you so very much! Kyle does have good times, it's not constant, but it is everyday and it's just getting old. We need you, please be here.....

On a great note, we've had some wonderful financial supporters step forward, so we were able to yet again pay the rent and the bills this month and 2 round trip tickets donated so we can go pick up the babies from TN when it's time! I was also able to buy Kyle a few lego sets that he's been wanting and Jan/Art Skague brought him one that he's been wanting too!

Let's also not lose track of the bigger picture, Kyle's cancer is gone! He is 100% donor! For now, he is safe and his counts are great! He is one healthy little boy outside of his bladder! I am so grateful for this!!!! PTL!!! God has blessed us with this miracle of life for Kyle! We just need to get over this hump and then it's on to our new healthy lives! Thank you God!

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com

Re: 10-24-07 KYLE UPDATE

Dear Kat and Kyle,
We can't imagine the pain...yours as a mother, Kat, and yours, Kyle, as you endure more agony. We are praying. There are no answers to your unanswered questions, but I know in my heart of hearts that God loves you and God is good... 'still trusting all of you to God's love.
Love and prayers,
Jan and Art Skauge

State: jskauge@frontiernet.net