Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
11-6-07 KYLE UPDATE

Kyle is not doing too well.

He is having trouble breathing and is on oxygen and can't take deep breaths. I requested a CT scan of his chest and the Dr agreed to do one tomorrow. So, we will see what's going on in there.

They think that part of it is due to his stomach being so enlarged from water retention. He looks like he's pregnant. He's so skinny with a huge tummy. So it makes it difficult for his diaphram to fill up with air.

He is also very depressed and filled with anxiety so he has been on vallium and they are starting him on anti-depressents tomorrow. He is shutting down and giving up. Poor baby has just had enough.

His bladder continues to bleed and clot and is getting worse instead of better. Tonight they had to hand irragate a clot out because he was in so much pain. Here we go again. And the anti-virul medication they were giving him that was helping is hard on the kidneys and his are begining to show signs of stress so they had to stop it and now that is why he's getting worse again.

The heart drain was removed and hopefully there is no more fluid building around his heart. We will find out tomorrow when we do the cat scan for his lungs because we will be able to see his heart too. I'll let you know what we see with both.

He is on many antibiotics and antifunguls, so I can't imagine what could be going on inside his lungs. Maybe it is just the fact that his tummy is getting in the way of his lungs expanding, but I can't sleep until we check and make sure! I'm not as comfortable with that explanation as the Drs are and I'd rather be safe than sorry, so tomorrow we will see.

He is retaining so much fluid, his ankles and ********* and various areas are so swelled up.

The fevers seem to have subsided for now, he keeps flirting with them, but they are staying at bay. Let's pray they stay that way!!!!

Well, I've given you lots to pray about, get started on your homework! You're such good students!

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com

Re: 11-6-07 KYLE UPDATE

P.S. Kyle is collecting Snow Globes!

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com

Re: 11-6-07 KYLE UPDATE

Dear Kat and Jerry,
Your update is filled with such heartache as you watch precious Kyle struggle for life. We are praying for all of you. We don't know how God will answer our prayers, but we are confident that Kyle and you are safe in God's love, no matter what. We have personally walked the "no matter whats" in life (though not with a beloved son), and God has proved faithful...sometimes to answer the way we would choose, sometimes with a different answer, but always God has shown himself faithful and loving. There are no answers to the "whys?" of suffering, but we trust God heart and love...and someday, in eternity, we will see clearly. Until then, we pray, we plead, we hope, we yield, we trust, we love, we wait....
Know that you fill our hearts, minds, prayers...throughout the day, each and every day...
We love you guys. Gentle hugs for all. Love and prayers,
Jan and Art
"The eternal God is your dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms."--Deuteronomy 33:27a
Thanks for doing the update; it helps us know how to pray. It means much to those of us who keep vigil from a distance.

State: jskauge@frontiernet.net