Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
11-19-07 KYLE UPDATE

Well, they tried to take Kyle off the ventilator and it didn't work. He's just too weak. They took him off and put him on a By-pap machine for about 24hrs and he didn't do well.

He is also convulsing involuntarily and we're not sure why. I don't know if he wen't without oxygen at some point and has brain damage or if he's going through withdrawals or what. They are trying to blaim it on his bladder spasms, but I know my son and these seizures have nothing to do with his bladder!

I'm scared for him, he's in bad shape. Physical therapy has been coming, but he is in such bad shape that it's not helping much anymore. He's too weak to even breathe on his own.

I'm at my wits end now. I just want him to get better and he's stalled out. He managed to mouth a few words while on the By-pap machine and that was nice, but it was so very hard to understand him through the loud mask he was wearing and he was just too weak to talk.

They will be sedating him even more today to make him comfortable with the tube back in his throat again. Poor guy. My poor baby has been through so much and I can't bare to watch this any more!

He continues to fight fevers every day, for what, we have no idea. Something is brewing in his body and we have him on everything known to man to keep them away. They shouldn't be there at all! We don't know what else to do, but what we're doing now!

This is all in God's hands, all we have left is prayer.

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com

Re: 11-19-07 KYLE UPDATE

Dear Katrina,
Oh my...we are sorry; we continue to pray...we hope, we ask, we trust God's heart...but our hearts break for little Kyle and for you and your family. Hug Kyle for us...gently...let the twins love on you...I'm thankful you have them there...oh, I know it must be so hard, but their presence must be so dear too.
The simple words of Psalm 23 come to mind: The Lord is my shepherd...
And Jesus, in John 10, describes himself as the Good Shepherd.
You are loved; you are held in the everlasting arms (so is Kyle)...you and Kyle are safe in the arms of your Shepherd...but there is so much we don't understand...
Hugging you in our hearts and prayers,
Love and prayers,
Jan and Art

State: jskauge@frontiernet.net