Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
11-23-07 KYLE UPDATE

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. We are grateful for Kyle's life. But saddened we had to spend the meal without him. It was tough and I spent the meal in tears.

Kyle is still on life support and having painful bladder spasms and clots. He continues to fight fevers too. His convulsions we figured out were a side effect from the medications, thank God! It's the only good news we've gotten!

Kyle is currently in surgery to place tubes in his back to his kidneys to drain the urine and bypass his bladder all together. His bladder will then be left to clot off and hopefully then begin the healing process it so desperately needs. The only problem is, no one knows exactly when the spasms will stop.

These cause him so much pain, like labor pains! They come on quickly and are intense and we can't get the pain meds to him fast enough to help him through it before it subsides on its own. It's so sad to watch him go through and happens so often throughout the day and all through the night. He balls up his fists and tears roll out of his scrunched up eyes. It's so hard for me to deal with anymore. He's had to deal with so much and this is just too much to bare.

I'm just hoping that these tubes help the whole situation to stop! Please pray for this resolve. Please pray for God's mercy on this poor little boy who can't make a sound for himself.

Once he returns from surgery they are going to try and turn down the ventilator and see how he does. I hope he does well so we can wean him off of it all together! I want to bring him home so badly and he has to be stable in order to do that. We are so far from that now I don't know when we'll get there!

Our tickets home are for the 28th, but it's looking impossible again, so who knows when we'll be able to get home again. *sigh* Please pray for this too. We need our friends and family at home. We need our hospital and nurses. We need our beds and the comfort of our home. I know this will make Kyle feel so much better if we can just get him there!

God has been so good to us in letting us keep Kyle this long, I just wish it wasn't so tortureous of an existance. I know God's mercy will prevail as it always does. We need our prayer warriors now more than ever before!!!!!!!!!! I can almost see the light at the end of the of the tunnel....just glimpses, but it's there.....we're getting closer....I can feel it. Kyle is going to be OK, God is so good to us.

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com

Re: 11-23-07 KYLE UPDATE

Dear Katrina,
Thanks for taking the time to do an update to inform those of us who keep vigil with you via the site. We continue to pray...for all of you...we can't imagine to begin what it is like for you, for Kyle, for your family, but we care and we pray.
Hug your brave little warrior for us. Hopefully, the ventilator will soon be gone, and Kyle will--once again--be able to speak to you. How you must long just to hear his voice. We will pray for his bladder to heal and more... It is time for you to go home...and we pray for that too...
Thanks again for the update, Katrina.
Please tell Kyle that Jesus loves him; please tell him that we pray many times each day; please tell him he is safe in Jesus' love, and that Jesus understands his pain and cries with him. We can't understand, but Jesus does...and he knows your mother-heart too, Katrina.
Hugs for all of you.
Love and prayers,
Jan and Art

State: jskauge@frontiernet.net