Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
11-24-07 KYLE UPDATE

So, on top of everything in the last post, Kyle's kidneys are only functioning at 1/5 their potential. And the left tube they put in stopped working last night because it clotted off. This means he goes back to the operating room again today to have it replaced.

Then, if the tubes don't start relieving his kidneys in the next 24hrs, he will have to start dialysis. This means yet another trip to the OR for a special port to do the dialysis into. He already has 2 ports on his right side and this would mean a 3rd. This is a dangerous move for Kyle because he has a problem with clotting and this dialysis port is large and can cause clotting on its own without the added pressure of Kyle's own clotting issues. It's a huge worry, but a necessary problem.

The issues just keep piling up on us, I'm wondering when the straw that breaks the camel's back is going to pile on this heap.

And it gets worse, we are struggling so badly financially that Jerry has to leave me. My only source of sanity is going away and I'll be left alone to deal with all of this myself. I just don't know if I'm strong enough to do it this time. It's just too much to bare for me alone. I need him right now more than ever, by my side. He's my rock, he's the only reason I'm still sane and he's leaving in the midst of it all. I can't take it anymore! I need him here with me, by my side, supporting me through each crisis and what about the babies? How will I juggle them and Kyle?

Sorry to whine, I just feel so hopeless right now!

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com

Re: 11-24-07 KYLE UPDATE

Maybe if each of you could rally together and make a small donation to Kyle's fund, Jerry could stay!!!!!! Just a desperate after thought!

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com

Dear Katrina and Jerry,
We're read your update and I am sending it to my prayer group as soon as I finish writing you. We care...we pray...for you, for Kyle...
I'll send more to your personal e-mail address.
Love and prayers,
Jan and Art

State: jskauge@frontiernet.net

Dear Katrina,

I wish that there was something fantastic that we could do to help your situation. I will see if I can pull any strings around here......and get back with you.

Alisha

State: precious740@yahoo.com