Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
12-14-07 KYLE UPDATE

Kyle was doing so well, he didn't even need to go onto the by-pap machine, well today he's doing a little worse and they put him on it. He's breathing really fast and his O2 stats are lower and his lungs sound wet.

Please pray that he does not have to go back onto the ventilator!!!! That would be so upsetting to him, to all of us, but especially to him!!! He's moving slowly in the wrong direction right now and we need to get him turned around fast!!! Pray with me that Kyle's lungs open up and that he begins to breathe more freely and openly. Pray for peaceful and restful sleep for him too. This is a very important part of his healing.

They started him on Ambien at night to help him sleep, becuase it's so important that he get a good night's rest! So far it's worked pretty well. This by-pap machine is going to make it difficult for him to rest now though.

Let me explain again what the by-pap is and does...It's basically an oxygen mask in a larger form that covers his mouth and nose and has extra padding to seal off properly. Then the hose that's attached to the mask and machine forces air into Kyle's mouth and nose to help him breathe easier. So he doesn't have to work so hard basically. So far he's still doing a lot of work, but his stats are better.

I'm worried that his lungs sound wet and that he's taking so many breaths, I hope he isn't heading in the wrong direction and that we can just get away with using the by-pap for awhile and then be done with it all!! Pray pray pray!

They're also taking out another tube today. The one that is draining his left kidney. But that is another problem, when we went to look at the site, it was bleeding and no one knows why. It would be fine because they're taking it out, but it's right next to his nafrostamy tube bag that needs to stay in. So there's 2 tubes there at the bleeding site, one that's coming out and one that's staying in and no one knows what's bleeding and whats not yet. Pray about this too, it could be trouble with a capital T!

I'll let you know as soon as we remove the bandage and the tube and all of that and find out what's going on. It was all fine this morning, I don't know if it got pulled or what happened??? I just hope whatever it is, that it's all related to the tube that's coming out anyway!!!!! That would be great! Pray for that!!!!

Thanks everyone!! Our love to you all!! Happy Holidays!

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com

Re: 12-14-07 KYLE UPDATE

Dear Katrina,
We just got home and discovered the update. We always pray for Kyle, but now will begin praying about the issues you mentioned. I'm so sorry about the difficulties.
I'll alert my prayer group too.
Love and prayers,
Jan (and Art)

State: jskauge@frontiernet.net