Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
12-15-07 KYLE UPDATE

Well, Kyle is wearing down. They are going to have to put him back on the ventilator now. He is breathing too hard and is getting too tired.

His lungs are full of fluid and have areas that are collapsed and areas that look like they may be infected. SO, we are going to do a cat scan of his lungs after we put him on the vent and see what's going on in there. They are also going to do a bronchial wash to see what's in his lungs. It's where they take a sample of his lung fluid and test it.

His kidneys continue to be dumb. That's what they call it when they put out urine, but don't clean the blood. So, he is still doing dialysis. Yesterday they took off several kilos of fluid when they did dialysis. This was supose to help his lungs, but didn't.

So, we're taking steps backwards and need prayer badly. Kyle will be sedated for the procedure and I've asked them to keep him sedated while he's on the vent, so he's not upset that he's back on it again. They agreed, so he will be out until it is time to come off the vent again.

They are also trying to talk me into doing a tracheotomy on Kyle instead of having the tube down his mouth and throat. They said its easier on him and his vocal cords, etc. It frees up his mouth and throat and is easier to take him on and off of. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. They're going to have the ICU dr talk to me about it and tell me more about it, so I can make the decision. Jerry and I will talk about it and then decide what's best for Kyle. Scary! I hate these kinds of decisions! We're faced with them all the time too! We'll pray about it too, of course!

Well, he's still retaining fluid, but the dialysis is taking care of that problem. We're just wrestling with the lung and kidney problems now. We're also still watching his heart for fluid build up there. So far so good. PTL!

I'll keep you updated, gotta get back in there. Love to you all, keep up the great praying! US

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com

Re: 12-15-07 KYLE UPDATE

Oh, Kat...
What can I say? We pray, we hope, we get encouraged and then discouraged. We hurt for you...for all of you... We put our hope in God, one minute thinking we know His mind and heart and then the next wondering...not about His love, but about all that is happening. We promise to keep praying.
Love and prayers,
Jan and Art

State: jskauge@frontiernet.net