Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
12-25-07 KYLE UPDATE - MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!

Our Christmas present was that Kyle was switched to the regular ventilator!!! And they've already turned down the settings once! Yippee! Kyle is making progress!!

The bad news is his heart continues to be a burden. Last night it started beating irratically and they did an EKG which came back ok, so they are just watching it. It continues to function at 45% and could stop at any moment without warning. The Drs don't seemed worried about this, but I am!

He continues dialysis on an almost daily basis to help remove the fluid he is retaining so much of.

I told Kyle "Merry Christmas, Santa came" and he opened his eyes half way!!! He's partially awake now! He's not breathing on his own yet, but that's the goal. They will let him wake up a little bit, so he can start breathing on his own. This way he can start weaning off the ventilator all together! We'll try again and sooner or later we'll be rid of this stupid thing!

Merry Christmas to all of you, let's not forget the real reason for the season! God bless you all!!

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com

Re: 12-25-07 KYLE UPDATE - MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Please pray for Kyle, his lungs are wet and his heart rate is irratic tonight.

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com

Re: 12-25-07 KYLE UPDATE - MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Dear Katrina,
We are thankful they have turned down the vent and that Kyle is making progress with his breathing. Of course, we continue to be concerned and pray...for all of you. Jesus loves you, and so do we.
Christmas hugs...for all of you.
This morning our pastor spoke from the Matthew nativity story about the two names Jesus was given...Jesus, which means "God saves" or "God is salvation" and Emmanuel, which means "God with us." He spoke about the importance of knowing the messages embodied in both names...Jesus came as Savior and, as thus, secures our eternal future, and Jesus came as Emmanuel, God with us, to assure us of God's presence with us in the midst of life's joys, sorrows, busyness, heartaches...of course, I thought of all of you as he preached. God is with you; Jesus saves...so all of us are safe...now and forever.
Love and prayers,
Jan and Art

State: jskauge@frontiernet.net