Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
12-28-07 KYLE UPDATE

Kyle is doing ok, still fighting fevers and that's got us worried. But he's awake and that's nice.

We opened up his Christmas gifts for him and he approved them or not. He got some legos that he already had and some other really nice stuff that he liked including a book of paper airplanes. We (I) made paper airplanes which Kyle attempted to fly with his uncordinated hands and weak arms. It was fun!

They were going to let Kyle start Pressure Support Trials which are trials to start letting him breathe on his own for short periods of time, but when they turned down the vent his blood gasses came back bad, so they had to turn it back up and forget the whole thing. We'll try again another day. But the good news is they're trying to wean him off the vent!

His kidneys are still an issue, but we received good news in that department! It looks as though they are still in normal range and may have just slowed down because of all the dialysis he is getting! They may come back to somewhat normal after the dialysis comes back. They have a good chance of it anyway!!! Great news for us!!!!! We were so worried!!!!

His heart is the same, no better no worse as far as we know. Please pray for his little heart. It could mean his dimise! And these fevers too, they could take him in the wrong direction FAST!!!!

Other than that, things are smooth sailing for now. The power of prayer is a huge thing, and Kyle is such a fighter! He's my hero!!! He's teaching us so much everyday! If he could, he would tell you not to lose your faith! So, we don't, for him, we don't.

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com

Re: 12-28-07 KYLE UPDATE

Dear Katrina,
What an amazing answer to prayer and demonstration of God's grace that Kyle was able to celebrate Christmas at all. We loved hearing about his flying paper airplanes. What a survivor! Of course, we continue to pray for all of you...and trust God's love and heart. Amazing Grace!
Love and prayers,
Jan and Art
Thank you for doing an update...it means so much to know what is happening...yet your time is so precious and the need to communicate with those who keep vigil via this site is not as important as your family time, time with Kyle, time in prayer, time just to be...but do know that your updates are sweet gifts to those who watch and wait and pray from afar....

State: jskauge@frontiernet.net

Re: 12-28-07 KYLE UPDATE

Katrina,
We continue each and every day to pray for Kyle. I am so glad that we could meet, and that I was able to see Kyle. God is so much bigger than we are, and we need to continue resting in Him. May you feel Jesus love wrapped around you each moment of the day.
Love and prayers,
The Olson's
Karen, Kent, Ben and Jacob

State: twokolson@integra.net