Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
01-14-08 KYLE UPDATE

Kyle's lungs seem to be ready, but his abdomin is not, looks like that's what we need to pray for now.

It's distended and sore and is putting pressure on his fragile lungs. It's delaying taking him off the vent and may cause him to go back on again if it flairs up when he gets off the vent.

So, there it is, prayer for his tummy. He had colitis, an infection in his colon. He is on 3 different antibiotics for it and it seemed to be clearing up, but then got worse again over the last couple of days. It is delaying everything right now. He would have been off the vent already if it wasn't for this latest problem in his tummy.

If his lungs weren't so fragile, we wouldn't have to worry so much, but this is the very reason he's back on the vent to begin with, so we can't take him off while it's still going on. So, there he lays, still on the vent, waiting. Thirsty. Bored.

He's the bravest little boy I know! Through it all, he's still fighting! He was just dancing around in bed to a cartoon's music the other day, well, Kyle's weak version of dancing in bed anyway. It was so cute! He still digs deep and finds happiness through it all!

He gave the healer a hug good bye last night! I was so suprised!! Only me and Sean and Jerry get those! He was so appreciative of the hard work they've been doing for him, that he hugged him! He knows, he understands, he is wise beyond his years. He has faith still, even through this whole mess he is in! And he would tell you not to lose yours!!

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com

Re: 01-14-08 KYLE UPDATE

Dear, dear Katrina,
Thank you for your faithfulness in keeping us updated. We will pray for Kyle's lungs, tummy, colitis...and for an awareness of the sweet and abiding presence of Jesus. We are happy there are loving people, outside the family, to whom Kyle responds...people who want him to get well and who work towards that goal....We continue to lift him (and you) up to the One who is the true healer, the Great Physician...who can heal us physically, who longs to make us whole, who died so we can live, and who loves us forever. Trusting HIM with you and your precious family. You are so dear. We admire you; we are proud of you; we hurt for you; we love you.
Love and prayers,
Jan and Art

State: jskauge@frontiernet.net

Prayers are continuing to pour in for each of you and for Kyle's tummy and lungs. What an inspiration Kyle is to others. To be so sick and still have the faith that little guy has...that weighs very heavily with me and the trust you must put forth to our Heavenly Father. I continue to pray for each of you and the wonderful miracles HE will do for you and most importantly for Kyle. Lots of love and prayers from Knoxville, TN.

Much Love,
Amy Chesney and family

State: achesney@ornlfcu.com

Dear Katrina,
Just a hug for you and your precious boys...and for Jerry, if he's reading the replies to your updates...we continue to pray and keep vigil with you from afar...
Love and prayers,
Jan
So many are praying, watching, waiting, hoping...

State: jskauge@frontiernet.net