Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
1-21-08 KYLE UPDATE

Kyle continues to do well! He's on minimal oxygen in his nose and his stats are staying up there!

His other labs on the cancer side remain ok too, he still needs a bone marrow biopsy, he's way past due for one. This has me a little nervous, since we don't know for sure what the cancer is doing in there. But, I'm trusting and having faith too!

Kyle has been sitting in a chair the last couple of days!!! For about 2 hrs each day!! I'm so proud of him!!!! He's doing awesome! He hates being carried to it, but once he's there, he does a great job! We're going to work on standing this week some time maybe? We'll see what happens with Physical Therapy. I'm so excited to see the progress he's made!!! Baby steps, right??!!

He also had the tubes removed from his kidneys out of his back!! No more tubes except the one in his nose to feed him and the ones in his chest to deliver his meds to his heart. Oh, and the dialysis one on the other side of his chest. But those we can all live with for now!!!! We're used to all of those!

He's gone from about 10 tubes to only 3!!!! WOW!!!!! Can you believe that!!!!!!!!! It's amazing!

Kyle watches TV a lot these days and listens to the radio A LOT too. He's not interested in much, he does art projects with Child life sometimes, but that's about it. He's done all the legos there are to do and the ones that are too complicated Sean does for him. Teamwork. He doesn't seem bored though, strangely enough! We try to offer him things to do and he's just content doing whatever he was doing before we started bothering him. He's changed a lot! He's much more mature now in some ways, even the programs he watchs on TV have changed. He watches a lot of science and National Geographic programs instead of mindless cartoons most of the time now. Hmmmmmm Anyway, all positive things!!

I'll keep you posted about when we are going to do the bone marrow test. I'll ask the drs as soon as I see them next.

Until then, take care! God bless you all! Love each other and don't forget to forgive each other for your short commings!!! Nobody's perfect! And maybe somebody needs you more than you think!!!!!!! Love, us

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com

Re: 1-21-08 KYLE UPDATE

I almost forgot to tell you!!!!

I had 2 kids in the hospital at the same time this week!!! One of the twins, Luke!!! He had conjunctivitis in his eyes and I took him in for what I thought was going to be a quick visit with some antibiotics and home again and they admitted him!!!

They wanted to start him on IV antibiotics instead! So, they kept him for less than 24 hrs, and he's back home now, but it was a nightmare whirlwind!! I was racing back and forth between Kyle and Luke. They were on the same floor, so that made it easier. The twins missed each other so much! It was so cute when they were reunited! I wish you could have been there! Oh well, All is well that ends well!

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com

Re: 1-21-08 KYLE UPDATE

Dear Katrina,
What good news...I'm so excited. I can hardly wait to tell Art and e-mail the list I have of those who are praying (and then they can alert those whom they have asked to pray). We were sorry to hear about Luke's hospitalization too...it must have been more than pink eye, but, apparently, he too in on the mend. I love to think of Kyle in a chair and maybe trying to stand later this week. I still hang on to the thought of him running on the beach with a kite...You are an amazing mother...and we serve a totally awesome God. Trusting HIM today and forever.
Love and prayers,
Jan
Hugs for all.

State: jskauge@frontiernet.net