Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
As Our united Love and Prayers continue

Please bare with me if you will, It comes fromm my heart and a dream from God. If it brings us closer to a long term solution than that is why I was compelled to share some of God's special comfort and an early morning dream that He gave to me.

Keeping our eyes upon God and all of his goodness today I am reminded a phrase that resounds from the hearts of my (large Mother's side) family "Today is the first day of the rest of our life" I sit here and apply it over and over throughout this new trial.. tic tock tic tock... Kyle was formed perfectly in our Father's image, thus Jan the special sparkle and twinkle,... God will never fail us, even in what appears to be the worst case He is with us "Daniel in the lines den" We are never alone, "Footprints in the Sand"
Kyle is tiny yet Mighty, for many reasons, the most importantly is his FAITH. He has more than the faith of a mustard seed, and it is so important for all of us to nurture him (as Katrina and Sean have been doing for so long!) Yet these two are tired and this marathon has seemed to be never ending.
That is where we all come in, with the love, the non judgment, the uplifting in unconditional love and prayer. Katrina has a laundry list of fear and worry; this is not where her thoughts need to be!
• I dreamed of this rescue team of angels coming in, taking away the heavy shield of debt she drags with her as she goes from situation to child and back again,
• The gigantic medical book she keeps mentally at hand to make sure that no one is missing something in Kyle's care.
• This angelic team assured her that her fight is over and not to worry, "She has been a brave and faithful soldier, but now it was okay to let go and let God, he has sent mightier (fresher) warriors to take over for her" To protect her as well, (she was being removed from the front line, sent home if you will to love and enjoy and LIVE with her family. The fight was still being well taken care of… but her tour of duty was done!)
She could now lay back and let the layers upon layer of 'but what if's' peel away to reveal the pink new smile and pink fresh old yet very true to nature of Katrina's trust and belief released of the unrest and fear and second guessing herself and all.... all peeled away to reveal and allow the healing of Katrina "Today is the first day of the rest of your life"
As she opens her arms and embraces her children without any more fear! Clear eyes to see that God was taking her off patrol and back to the place to nurture, and be nurtured by her family and surround by God's Love, For the Greatest gift of all if LOVE.
Now all of this sounds like a nice little story from the heartache of the mother/grandmother of this precious family, maybe it is, but in the early morning when this dream/vision was revealed to me, I thought, yes that is perfect (but God’s ways are ) it was a God inspired vision. I do believe that God has a plan, I stand and humbly wait for his direction as to how or if he has a part in the carrying out of the plan. If the first step is to share it, maybe, someone else also dreamt this same dream with a next step??? Kendall and I were listening to God’s law of adjustment yesterday, I was brokenhearted and my mentor suggested this. It was a perfect suggestion, it reminded me that I could chose to go along with the all encompassing fear in a situation as horrible as this, or turn toward God  and have Him adjust my thoughts in line with his…. First step is not accepting the fear, as it clouds the praise.
Book over, If you chose to read this, thank you, if it helps us bond stronger in prayer for the ultimate solution, even better, and if you humored me, thanks for that too! I love and appreciate you all and do appreciate the love you have wrapped this family in!!

State: kathi.sheehan@gmail.com

Re: As Our united Love and Prayers continue

What dear, love-filled words of hope, faith, encouragement, promise. I loved reading this. We are SO thrilled that the family is going home... I think of all this time in Minneapolis...so hard to be away from home and the base of love and support...and now the promise of home...what joy! Praise God...
And about the fear...Kat has had SO much responsibility for a young woman...for any one...now there is more intimate suppport as they continue on the journey of Kyle's return to health and wholenes...
And just this a.m. when I was listening to Christian radio, I heard a good analogy/reminder for all...the pastor was talking about Peter walking on the water toward Jesus; when he looked at Jesus, he was fine/safe/fearless; when he looked at the water/the waves/the circumstances, he started to sink. It's a good reminder to fix our eyes on Jesus, not on circumstances (Hebrews 12:2), but this is much easier to do when we have loved ones surrounding us and cheering us on with the words, "Look to Jesus; look to Jesus; He is able; He is love; look to Jesus..."
Thanks for sharing your dream.
I hope Kyle's eyes sparkle and gleam when he gets home and sees all that's familiar (in a good way, not in the way a hospital gets "familiar")...
Praying always.
Love and prayers,
Jan Skauge

State: jskauge@frontiernet.net