Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2-27-08 KYLE UPDATE

We're Home!!!! Well, almost. We flew in Mon night and drove straight to San Francisco to the hospital Tues morning. We will be in the hospital for about a week, just to get Kyle's dialysis squared away. Then we'll have to drive back and forth every couple of days! That's a 2 hour drive one way! With no traffic it's 2 hrs, it's soooo much longer with traffic! UGH! But, if Kyle's kidneys would just kick in and start doing their jobs, we won't have to do this anymore! Pray for his kidneys! They said it shouldn't be much longer, maybe 4 to 8 weeks. After that, if they don't kick in, then we worry.

The plane ride was smooth, the babies slept most of the rides. We had a loooong lay over in Denver, longer than our actual flight! It was crazy! At least the babies got to stretch their legs for awhile. We chased them around for a few hours and we all ate something too.

Chemo was waiting at the airport for Kyle! Along with his caretaker, my Aunt Eileen! My mom (Nana), her fiance Kendall, his son Parker, My sister-in-law Jody, her son my nephew (who's gotten so big!) Riley, and my Uncle Bill who also took a turn caring for Chemo in our abcense! Thanks guys! It was the sweetest reunion I've ever seen! A little boy and his doggie!! They missed eachother so much, when we got home, they cuddled up together and fell right to sleep. It was so cute we had to take a picture! I'll see if my mom can put it on the website for you all to see.

All is going well so far and thanks to donations, we were able to get Kyle's medications from the pharmacy! We were only short a tiny bit!!! Thanks to all of you so very much!!!!! We have no idea how we're going to pay the rent this month, but the important stuff is now covered!!! You are all so kind and generous!! Our love to you all! I will keep you posted, sorry this one took so long, I couldn't get to a computer until today. But be assured that all is well and Kyle is back with all of his favorite nurses and Dr! We're home where it's nice and warm too! It's cooler in SF, but home will be nice and warm and it's waiting for us!!!! God bless you all!!!!! Talk to you soon!

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com

Re: 2-27-08 KYLE UPDATE

I also forgot to mention that our wonderful volnteers threw us a going away party on Sun!!! How sweet they are, we will miss each and every one of them! THey were so awesome! We couldn't have survived without them! They were all so great! Especially Dan and Christi and Breezy! My closest group! They kept me sane!

A huge thank you to Sue Lewis for letting us use her car the whole time we were there! What would we have done without a car? She was kind enough to let us use hers the whole 7 months we were there! Can you believe that?!!! What a sweetheart! She did so much for us too! We stayed at her house when the RMH didn't have room for us! We didn't have money for a hotel and there she was, giving us a place to stay! All things she didn't have to do! She's the best! I hope God blesses her richly for her kindness to us!

Also, here is our address:

Katrina, Jerry, Sean, Kyle, Jake, Luke Wetle
9554 Stone Oak Ct
Salinas, CA 93907

Dear Katrina, Jerry, Sean, and Kyle (the twins won't care if we write or not, but give those darling little boys hugs from us too),
Thanks for the update. We have been praying...hoping all went well with the traveling...praying for Kyle's kidneys to kick in full measure...hoping Chemo would be at the airport to greet you...and so much more...
Our hearts are filled with love, praise, concern, and constant prayers. You all have become very dear to us, and we promise to continue to pray. Know how very much the update means. Bask in the CA sunshine...spring will eventually come to MN--actually, spring is very lovely here...but home is always BEST.
Hugs and love and prayers,
Jan and Art

State: jskauge@frontiernet.net

Hey,
I am so happy you are home Kyle and i hope you get better and don't have to be in the hospital, I love you and miss you and hopefully i can see you soon. Talk to you later.

XOXO,
Bailey & Brooke Ortiz-Wetle

State: bailey_ortiz1996@yahoo.com