Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
3-1-08 KYLE UPDATE

Well, we're stuck in the hospital until Tuesday. UGH! Kyle has many tests to undergo before he can start out-patient dialysis and they can't get them done before Tuesday! So, we're stuck here!

Jerry had to go back to work, so my mom and sister in law Jody were sweet enough to take the babies for me, so I could spend my time with Kyle.

The hospital has a school and a playroom, so Kyle has stayed busy. He also played bingo on Thursday and won a spy watch. He likes it.

Sean is doing great, he can't wait to get home and back to his own bed....me too! He's also excited about his car! He will be starting school and behind the wheel driving school too as soon as we get home.

Turns out we have to drive to San Francisco every Mon, Weds, and Fri. I don't know how we're going to afford the gas to do that! It's a 2 hr drive one way and the only dependable car we have is a gas hog! Pray about this please. It's a real stressor for us.

Kyle is doing great, pray that his kidneys kick in, so we don't have to do this anymore! Then, problems solved!!

Thanks to the Frank Sollecito Jr Foundation for paying our rent this month! We so appreciate you! We didn't know what we were going to do this month, or next month for that matter! Fishing hasn't been good and we can't rely on my salary anymore, so we're struggling financially for now. And now we have to come up with tons of gas money! God have mercy!!!!!!!

I'll keep you posted! Love and prayers to you all! Us

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com

Re: 3-1-08 KYLE UPDATE

Hi Katrina,
Thanks for taking the time to do an update. We are sorry you have to spend extra time at the hospital and traveling to-and-fro, but it's so good to read that Kyle is doing some fun things and having the opportunity to enjoy life apart from treatment, tests... I can almost see the smile on Sean's face as he anticipates driving, school, and doing normal teenage things....PTL! We continue to pray that Kyle's kidneys will begin functioning SOON and, baring that, that at-home dialysis can begin soon. I remember when Art had cancer and no job and money was SO tight...I wanted to know ahead of time how God would provide, but instead it was like He gave us the "manna" we needed ("give us this day, our daily bread"--bread can refer to all our needs)one day at a time...and not ahead of time...so I will trust He is providing and will provide for you...probably one-day-at-a-time. I'm eager to show my prayer group the pictures I took at the party at the Mpls. RMH...they will be thrilled to see for whom they are praying. Rest, sweet Kat; take care of yourself as much as possible. God has brought you this far, and He will not abandon you or your precious family. None of us knows what tomorrow holds, but we do know WHO holds tomorrow.
We love you.
Love and prayers,
Jan and Art

State: jskauge@frontiernet.net