Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
3-19-08 KYLE UPDATE 2

Kyle is getting worse and his dialysis cathetar is clotted too! So just in case he needs dialisys,he can't get it!! This poor kid has the worst luck!

He is on oxygen, not becuause his stats are low, but because his blood gasses are low.

They still don't know what's wrong with Kyle. He had a fever yesterday, and it's creaping up now as I type.

I think he's going to miss Easter! I'm so tired of missing holidays and spending them in the hospital!! Jerry, my mom and I always make it a point to make them extra special for him, but I just wish he could have one at home like a normal kid. While he still believes in Santa and the Easter Bunny!

I know, I know, at least we have life, but what kind of life is this for him? And for us. We're struggling constantly financially and he is always stuck in the hospital! We had one glorious week at home before we had to go back again, I miss it. It was crazy and hectic and Kyle is a full time job with 12 prescriptions that his insurance didn't cover half of. That came out of our rent money and Dave Holloway, Matt Troy, and my dad helped cover the rest. We are so appreciative, most of the time right now we don't know how we're going to feed the kids the next day. I'm so tired of being broke and Jerry can't work anymore hours than he is. He's killing himself.

It's time for me to go back to work, so I called my old boss who now works for a different company and asked him if he could get me hired on. He said he would do his best and long story short, I have a job interview this Friday at 10am! I have no idea how I'm going to get care for Kyle or where the babies will go to daycare, but I'm trusting that God will work this all out for us.

I also found a Christian school for Sean to attend close to our house, but it's $400 a month (a great deal) for the next 3 months and we need someone to sponsor him until my paychecks start coming in. So only for the 3 months left until summer break and then we can take over after that. Please pray about it, if you could find it in your heart to sponsor him we would deeply appreciate it. We don't want him in public school, he's a good kid and is out of place there. He's not street smart and just doesn't fit in. We're glad of that! That's why he goes to Independent Study at home, but he has no friends that way. A small Christian school is exactly what I've been praying for and God dropped it right in my lap the other day. PTL! Now we just have to find a sponsor.

My mom has been paying for the babies to go to daycare during the day, so I can care for Kyle and get some things done (like unpacking) and the mountains of laundry that Kyle produces from his constant "accidents". Bless her, she's been a life saver!

Jerry and Sean are going to a Father/Son retreat through our church April 18-20. They are so excited! I guess there's a pond there that they stocked with 1 ton of hungry trout! They can't wait! It will be so nice for them to get away together, with being stuck in Minnesota and Jerry home working most of that time, they didn't get to spend a lot of time together over the last 7 months, so they are pumped about going away together camping and fishing and just hanging out just the two of them like old times only better! Sean doesn't have to share Jerry with any of the other kids, he gets him all to himself and he's really excited about that especially. He calls it "ME TIME". He deserves it, they're good together, I don't get half their jokes, but they do and that's all that matters, I guess! They're good guys and they both take really good care of the rest of us. They both work really hard and deserve this time away together having fun and bonding in a church environment. Back to nature and back to God, the perfect place after the ordeal we've just gone through!

Then, Sean and I volunteered together at church to make a bunch of sandwiches for the local homeless shelter this Friday. This was something WE could do together and I can teach Sean a valuable lesson about helping others. He is very excited about that too, but now that Kyle is in ICU, I'm not sure we'll be able to do it. Sad. I have a back up plan, just in case we can't do it, but I really want us to do this together and so does he. Pray for this too! I want to spend some quality time with my boy too!!!!!!!

Sean is taking his DMV permit written test this week and starting behind the wheel driver's ed next week! They have agreed to pick him up and drop him off for his lessons and are even going to teach him how to drive a stick shift! My mom is paying for this too. Thanks mom!! We love and appreciate you!!! We couldn't do it without you and Kendall!

You Keep praying and I'll keep posting!

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com

Re: 3-19-08 KYLE UPDATE 2

Oh, Katrina,
How exhausted you must be--physiclly, emotionally, and in every other way. We are very concerned about Kyle and about you. You carry so much responsibility but without the fun breaks that most young adults get. We are VERY thankful for Jerry and Sean's weekend away. They deserve, and it's so important; I'm thankful they are making it a priority. We are praying about all your needs. It must seem overwhelming. How thankful we are that you are back in CA where you have your family and church. I have no words of wisdom or even comfort, but I share God's Word with you: "He will feed his flock like a shepherd; he will gather the lambs in his arms, and carry them in his bosom, and genly lead the mother sheep."--Isaiah 40:11. We love you; we pray; we care.
Love and prayers,
Jan and Art

State: jskauge@frontiernet.net