Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
8-24-08 KYLE UPDATE

Kyle is still in the hospital. He is still recovering from accute kidney failure and dehydration. We have the dehydration part under control now, but are still dealing with the BK virus from back in MN when it attacked his bladder. It's now looking like the virus is attacking his kidneys, but we won't know for sure unless we do a biopsy of his kidneys.

The Drs are still deciding what to do. We will know more in the next day or two. Pray that we get this virus under control again, it's a nasty thing that we all carry, but in BMT patients, it attacks the bladder and kidneys.

His dialysis cathetar clotted off and is now worthless. It's a good thing he hasn't needed it. They haven't decided if they are going to take it out or put a new one in yet. It all depends on what this virus is doing right now and we won't know for sure for a day or two. It's creeping up a little every day in his blood, so it's doing something, we just don't know what yet.

Pray that Kyle stays in remission through all of this too, I've been worrying about that lately watching his white blood cell count be all over the place.

My job interview went great, one more thing to pray for, that I get this job! I think we have found a nurse/nanny to stay with Kyle! She is open to keeping the twins too! An answer to our prayers!! We put out an ad for a caregiver and got one that happens to be a home healthcare nurse too! Perfect for Kyle! PTL!!

Jerry has been home from work helping out, I can't be in 2 places at once. This has us strapped financially now too, but we have no choice. I really need this job and we really need your help in the meantime! Jerry is starting a new job too and with both of us finally having an income, we'll be ok in a month or two, but in the meantime, we're in trouble! Please pray for us!!!!!!!!! The Miracles of Mitch Foundation paid half of our rent for this month, thank God!

Well, as always, I will keep you posted! Pray hard! God bless!

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com