Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
4-19-08 KYLE UPDATE

HI!!!!!!!!! I'm SOOOOOOO sorry I haven't updated you in so long!!!! I've been so busy and I don't get much of an internet signal at home! Ok, here goes....

The twins had a great birthday! They turned 2! My dad paid for the party, so we were able to go to a jumpy house place and have a great time! Kyle even joined in the fun!

Kyle turned 10 on April 10th! We were unable to have a party for him so far, because we don't have the money. I promised him one though, as soon as we do! He was disappointed, but understands. 10! He's 10! He's not even suppose to be here and he just turned 10! Can you believe he's been fighting this cancer since he was 3?!!!! What a hero! What a trooper! Thank you for all of the birthday cards you sent! Kyle was thrilled and they continue to trickle in! You're so sweet to think of him and to take the time to send him something! Some of you even sent him money, he was so excited about that too! He's saving it all and wants to use it to have a birthday party, but I want him to keep it and buy toys with it. I told him not to worry, that God would provide the money needed to have a nice party for him at the amusement park (Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk) he wants to go to. A great big thank you to those of you who write to Kyle on a regular basis! Like you Dave Holloway! Thank you for all the cards and financial support! We love you for being so faithful! Matt Troy and Jan and Art Skague, you're so special to us too! There are just too many to list, but we love you all for your prayers and support! I know I've said it a hundred times, but you just don't understand that we just could not do this without each and every one of you and your unique way of supporting us. Whether it's through prayer, email, finances, mail, spreading the word to others, whatever, we need it all and have only survived intact this far, because of you and your support!

Big news, yesterday, he had his dialysis cathetar AND his broviac (heart cathetar) removed!!!!! Now he has no more lines coming out of his chest!!!!!!! It's a great sign that the drs felt comfortable removing these things! He still has a port-a-cath (heart cathetar), but it is under his skin, not coming out and hanging down like the other 2 were. My mom has been such a big help, she takes Kyle up to San Fransisco every week for his appointments, so I don't have to miss work! She's been a life saver! She took him up to have his lines removed too! Jerry's mom Teresa has been helping out with the babies too! It's so nice to have family! Grammy Sandy (Jerry's stepmom) has also offered to take Kyle to his weekly visits, so I have great coverage!

His labs look great, he still has a feeding tube in his nose and down to his intestines and I have to hook him up to his feeds every night, but he is beginning to eat on his own! Not a lot, but it's a start!

I started at my new job and we found someone to keep Kyle! His caregiver had a tough first week and is overwhelmed, please pray that she comes back on Monday. Kyle is a big job! Sean had to help a lot and he got burned out too. No one understands how I do it! I don't know either, I just do! I have to, I have no choice, he's my son, he can't take care of himself, so I have to! The first week was a little crazy with long hours and she called in sick on Friday. Luckily Jerry had just come home, so I didn't have to miss work. I'm worried this job may be too much for anyone! (but me) But, I have to work, so she has to get it together and we'll support her and pray for her, please pray for her as she becomes acustom to Kyle's schedule and needs.

We may have to cut down her hours and have Sean do more and pay him too. I don't know what to do, but please just pray for Kyle's caregiver.

Sean has stepped in and been such a great big help! I'm so proud of him, he's filling in wherever needed with no complaints and a happy heart. I'm just making sure he's still making time for school work. I don't want his grades to suffer.

One more week until payday, but the rent and car payment are both due and I have to pay the caregiver, there's not enough to go around! Please pray that we get back on our feet soon, I know it will come, I just wish I would have started work a week sooner!

Good news! Benefits! I signed up for full benefits, which means Kyle will finally have insurance again!!!! PTL!!!! Starting May 1st! YIPPEEE!!!! So, with taxes and benefits, who knows how much my checks will be??!! I'm praying they're enough to cover our household bills and now Kyle and Sean's prescriptions will be covered again! Let's just hope nothing is needed until May 1st! Fat chance, I know Kyle needs refills on a couple of his meds before then and Sean is about due too for all of his. UGH! Does it ever end?!

On a lighter note, Kyle has been doing some walking! He walked without his walker from the couch to the dining room table! But, he sprained his ankle. He didn't twist it or anything, he's just really fragile and it was too much. So, that slowed down his physical therapy again. He's much better now though and physical therapy still comes to the house to work with him. She gives him homework to do too.

Oh, I forgot to mention that now that his lines were removed from coming out of his chest, he can take a bath and go swimming!!!!!!! He has to wait 4 weeks for the wounds to heal first, but after that, he's home free!!!!!

Jerry and Sean are away this weekend at a Father Son Retreat with our church. It's in the mountains at Sugar Pine Resort and there's lots of fishing there! They were so excited to go, especially Sean! There was a short time when we thought they wouldn't be able to go and Sean was so upset! But everything worked out and off they went. I'm so happy for them, they really needed this time together and spending it fishing, paint ball, ropes course and praying together, well there's just nothing better!
Our church, through Bill Huber, offered 2 scholorships so that they could go! Thanks so much Bill and to Salinas Valley Community Church!!!!!

Our church has been so good to us! They even helped us pay our rent once! Barbara Ludwig is in the children's program and she takes such good care of Kyle, so I don't have to worry. I can go in and worship worry free thanks to her and the nurse they have in sunday school.

Lastly, please pray for me. I am having some personal struggles that I'm not willing to share on the internet. I just need lots of prayer right now. I know you will, thank you!

Well, I think you're caught up now! I'll try not to go so long without an update next time!!!!!! So sorry again, it's just been so crazy here! I know you haven't stopped praying! Keep up the great work! We love you all!

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com