Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
4-24-08 KYLE UPDATE

HI! Kyle is doing great! We got a phone call from MN today and they said that Kyle is still 100% donor! (UCSF sent them blood work so they could do the testing.) This is GREAT news! It means Kyle is not relapsing and is cruising along smoothly!

He had all of his lines removed and now, besides the tube in his nose (feeding tube), he's almost back to normal!

He is working hard at walking, he wants to get a mini motorcycle badly! I told him he can't get one until he can walk around all the time on his own. He has been practicing a lot since then! We'll figure out how to pay for that later! Speaking of that, Mike & Jessica Shetterly are donating the funds needed to have Kyle's birthday party where he wants it so badly! The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk! So, we're going on Saturday! He's soooo excited! Thanks so much to Mike and Jessica, you've made a little boy VERY happy!

Kyle has now graduated to going to clinic appointments once every two weeks instead of once a week! They are also cutting down on how often he has to get labs! He has to do them out of his arm now that he has no more central line, so this means a poke once or twice a week, but he's been brave. He's such a great kid!

Speaking of great kids, Sean has been such a HUGE help! We just lost Kyle's caregiver today and Sean always steps in to help! Jerry is home right now, but has work to do too, so Sean is in charge and he does a great job! I told him we will pay him for babysitting just as soon as we can. He deserves it!!

Pray about us finding a new caregiver for Kyle. It's a big job and we've lost 2 now! It's overwhelming and no one get's it! It's not a big deal! At least I don't think it is, you give him his meds, you take him for labs, you keep his toilet clean, you entertain him. That's it! I don't see the problem? This caregiver had some personal issues going on at home, so I think that, that contributed to her stress level. She kept getting sick and finally decided it was becuase of the stress level of working again and quit through email this morning.

Good thing Jerry and Sean were home, so I could go to work! Then Jerry left for work and now Sean is looking after Kyle and the babies! The babies daycare is closed this week, so she had all three. I even cut her down to half days and she still quit! Oh well, we were looking for someone else anyway, we knew she wasn't the right fit from the start.

Sean will have to fill in until we find someone and I will have to give Kyle his meds before I leave for work in the morning and take the babies to daycare. They start back on Monday. What a busy morning that will be! Actually, every morning now that she's gone, until we find someone else! Pray, Pray, Pray!

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com

Re: 4-24-08 KYLE UPDATE

Dear Katrina, Jerry, Sean, Kyle,
We can hardly absorb all the good news...so much progress since we last saw Kyle! Kyle, you are amazing and so is your family!
We continue to hold you ALL in our hearts and prayer.
Even as we continue to pray, we also are giving thanks with great joy.
We love you.
Love and prayers,
Jan and Art
Hug the twins.
Enjoy the birthday!

State: jskauge@frontiernet.net

Re: 4-24-08 KYLE UPDATE

I just wanted to add that the progress of Kyle has been nothing short of an amazing miracle. Taking Kyle to UCSF has been rewarding and one week we even were allowed to join in the carnival. Kyle had his face painted like a vampire!!! It was incredible!
Then Kendall and I were blessed with the chance to take him into have his lines removed a week ago Friday. This week on Tuesday, I had promised to bring Kyle to Denny's... He slept all the way home. So Kendall and I picked the twins up at the day care that I take them to whenever we can, Sean from our house, our 16 yr old son Parker, and all went to Denny's!!! It was fun and we enjoyed the hectic blessing of all the laughter.
Last night Uncle Josh brought the twins and Kyle to our house and they spent the night. Before they left, Kyle and Josh conspired to allow Kyle get on his bike and ride!!! He was a stud! I am hoping to share the picture with you!

Today,he walked with his walker all the way to from the bedroom to my bathtub! And then again from his uncle's bed to my bedroom!
The joy is so overwhelming! We have had some very special time with the kids and we have a great caregiven when we have the twins, it gives them a chance to play with other kids, last Tuesday Katrina's nephew, Reilly was there too!!
I tried to add the picture of Kyle on his bike, didn't work here, but we sent it to Kat so hopefully she will add it to the picture page!! or email me and I will send it to you!
God is so good and Kat's job is a blessing and hopefully Jerry's fishing picks up!
The kids are laughing and giggleing and it music to our ears. Thank you all for giving us the gift of Kyle!!

Like Kat said, the prayer support from all has been miraculous and the life is full in Kyle!!! Praise the Lord for all of you and all of our miracles!!!

State: kathi.sheehan@gmail.com