Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
4-29-08 KYLE UPDATE

Kyle went to the clinic today (my mom took him for me) in San Francisco and the Dr called me to tell me he looks great!

He does however have to start a hormone therapy because his kidneys are not producing enough red blood cell hormone, so this means an extra poke (shot) every week on top of the one he gets for his labs. Poor baby!

He's a trooper though!

I've posted the picture of him riding his bike in the photo album titled "KYLE BIKE 2008". Take a look, it's priceless! It's the picture I sent to the mailing list, so if you didn't get it, you're not on his mailing list yet, but you can see it now if you go to the Photos page.

I still can't believe he rode his bike! PTL, he's doing so good right now, I'm almost scared! Whenever he starts doing really good, something bad happens next. Can't help it, it's been that way for almost 7 years now!

He also has a slight stuffy nose and cough, so they are going to do a chest x-ray to make sure he doesn't have pnuemonia. Please pray about this, his lungs are still weak from the effects of the the transplant.

Well, I was typing on this all day and I haven't even had a chance to post it when my mom called and said Kyle's x-ray was clear. His lungs are fine! PTL!!!

They are stopping at Home Town Buffet (Old Country Buffet) for Kyle's favorite meal! It's one of his favorite places to eat. So is Denny's! I wish we could take him out more often, it's really nice when he eats! He still has a feeding tube in for nourishment, but he is starting to pick up on his eating a bit. This is great to see! But, his taste buds are ruined from all the chemo and radiation, so he will only eat certain things from certain places.

Right now he's into lemon poppy seed muffins, apple cider, biscuits and gravy, Chicken and dumplings, stick pretzels, the Jr Grand Slam at Denny's, and that's about it. He did eat part of a corn dog at the Boardwalk though. Anyway, that's another struggle.

I'll keep you posted! Love and blessings to you all!

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com