Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
5-8-08 KYLE UPDATE

Kyle is doing great! He is walking around the house a bit, his ankle is doing much better now! He still has an MRI schedule for it on Saturday and my mom is taking him up to San Francisco for that. Isn't she great?!!!

Kyle had to have his feeding tube replaced yesterday, his old one was at least 3-4months old and we found out they're only suppose to last a month at a time!

This new one only goes down to his stomach, unlike the other one that went down to his intestines. We also changed nostrils, to give his nose a break. The nurses came to our house and did it! He didn't like it at all, but as usual, being the trooper that he is, he did great!

We are able to make our rent again and bills again this month thanks to family and Dave Holloway! My checks just aren't enough yet, because we're so far behind! We'll get caught up sooner or later!

They take so much out for benefits, I don't bring home much and we have childcare to pay for too. That doesn't leave much left over and Fishing hasn't picked up yet. Jerry is still in between jobs too, which means lots of boat work with little pay. BUT, at least this new company is paying him for boat work, the other one didn't! That's one of the reasons he's leaving.

I hate him being gone so much, that leaves everything on my shoulders and it's tough to do alone. Jerry is so supportive, but it's just not the same as being here and having an extra set of hands.

It's been crazy busy! Today I have to take the babies to the Dr, I think they have pink eye! Kyle has to stay away from them, because it's so contageous and so not good for him! I'll do that on my lunch break.

I am going to AZ on the 19th and 20th for corporate training. Mom is going to keep the kids for me...I don't know what I would do without her right now!

Grammy Sandy Sullivan-Wetle (Jerry's stepmom) is taking Kyle to his clinic appt in San Francisco on the 13th and every other appt after!

Gramma Teresa (Jerry's mom) took Sean to school on Monday for me, and took us all out to Kyle's favorite place to eat the other day....Dennys! She also brought dinner over last night!

It's so nice to have family support! I'd be lost without everyone and definately not able to hold down a job!

Kyle's new caregiver starts today! PTL! This is his 3rd! It's hard to find someone that will do this big job for the little amount we can afford to pay. But, I was finally able to find someone! She will be caring for Kyle and the twins and Sean will help out too in between schoolwork.

Kyle has labs today and the babies have a Dr's appt, so I will do one of the two on my lunch break and she (Becca) will do the other. It's great to have help again! Sean has been doing a great job though! It's too much for him though, so I had to find someone else.

So, that's it for now, I'll get back to you with the MRI results and Kyle's lab results. Keep up the great prayers, it was around this time last time when Kyle relapsed. Remember, he still has a 75% chance of relapsing, so he needs lots of prayers!!!!!!!!!

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com

Re: 5-8-08 KYLE UPDATE

Dear Katrina,
Thanks for the update. What a busy family! It sounds like Kyle is slowly getting better, stronger... We continue to pray for ALL of you each day. We love you guys. What a blessing that you have family near-by and that they are so willing and able to help. Has your church pitched in too? I will send an update to the list I have that prays for Kyle regularly. Hugs for all.
Love and prayers,
Jan and Art

State: jskauge@frontiernet.net